What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Still about 1billion off the ‘game of my life’ grand champ score, but a nice High Score on Congo today, and seemed to have my eye in as kept nailing those volcano shots over and over. Such a rewarding shot to hit cleanly.

And to think I was going to sell this...:cuckoo:

Attachments

• F96D66AB-E82C-4898-A890-F5C4B120D1FA.jpeg
    F96D66AB-E82C-4898-A890-F5C4B120D1FA.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 56F84585-0439-4084-BF8B-6DD97F4B9470.jpeg
    56F84585-0439-4084-BF8B-6DD97F4B9470.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Congo rocks, mine is going nowhere. That's when I get it back from loan. It's a great game with so much to do and it never gets old. Great game.

Not my Grand Master but close - anyone else sh*t themselves when the balls bounce off the glass?
I kinda know when it’s going to happen on a Multiball on IMDN but nonetheless- I still sh*t myself 😬💩
52577DE9-CFD9-4F83-BD07-66DAEDE1593C.jpeg

Pretty sure the ball doesn't hit the glass on my imdn pro, at least it isn't common enough for me to recall it happening. How/where is this happening on yours?

@kevlar Quite often on Multiball when say 2 balls in close proximity coming towards the flippers. I’ve got a steeper incline also - as I was trying to prevent balls jumping off the wireforms which helped.

@kevlar Quite often on Multiball when say 2 balls in close proximity coming towards the flippers. I’ve got a steeper incline also - as I was trying to prevent balls jumping off the wireforms which helped.
On my machine the ball was leaving the left wireform quite often when I got it, I found little divots with raised edges where the wireform had been spot welded together. I filed these down and the ball hasn't jumped off since. I posted some photos on here somewhere. Not sure if that's the problem you're having but it was an instant fix for me.

@kevlar, I think I recall you mentioned this before, I haven’t got round to it yet.... it was occurring on both of my wireforms, especially after a wax of the playfield.
I’ll have a look into this to sort as it’s a bit annoying.
By raising the rear legs and hiding some Velcro at the top of the ramps I’ve slowed the pace of the balls on each ramps and it’s all but stopped - a fix but not ideal.

Edit: if you look closely at my photo above you will see the exit of the top ramps where it goes to the wireforms - Black stuckdown velcro - this slows the ball down before hitting the wireforms 😂

This is one from a few weeks ago, before all the isolation. My brother and I both got our best scores on Medieval Madness at Arcade Club, Leeds on the last game of the night. Unfortunately for me, he was player 1! :)

MM-score.jpeg

Went out for a few games on Transformers. Thought I'd have 1 on Lord of the Rings. Some very sore wrists and one hour later...

Ring destroyed 3 times, played There and Back Again, collected all gifts and played the secret one. Lost count of how many times I got to the 3 multiballs. Felt like I was very close to Valinor but just couldn't get all the characters across the bridge for the mb where you have to do that to win it. Old GC was 234 million.

20200330_202459.jpg

Updated the code on TNA over the weekend so all scores reset to default. Had a quick game this afternoon and it was going pretty well - fifth reactor almost critical and a multiball ready to go. Then this happened literally just as I started the multiball.

02FE6513-A7B2-48BA-9E8E-038A5E253FE0.jpeg

Bastard flipper spring snapped and that pretty much ended the game! Still a decent score but should have been better.

B5045728-15E6-4FAB-94CC-600A1D24FA28.jpeg

Luckily I have a couple of spares from the last time this happened but disappointing end to the game. Nice update though.

Just installed a NVRAM so had to redo all my high scores... Better than I could hope for!

I also had ticked all the boxes for valinor (beat all the mb, collected 9 elf gifts, and played taba).... "just" needed to destroy the ring again... Oh well one day!

IMG_20200505_111822.jpg

Last edited:
Just installed a NVRAM so had to redo all my high scores... Better than I could hope for!

I also had ticked all the boxes for valinor (beat all the mb, collected 9 elf gifts, and played taba).... "just" needed to destroy the ring again... Oh well one day!

View attachment 107114
What is nvram?

View attachment 107114
Wow unreal score/game👍
Mine came fitted with NVRAM but my highest is only about 190,000,000.
Also type your score up so it can be copied and pasted in the high score tables, makes it easier to do.

What is nvram?

It’s a chip that can be installed that negates the need for batteries!
Sometimes requires unsoldering an existing chip (then soldering in a socket).
Also Jim can supply & fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow unreal score/game👍
Mine came fitted with NVRAM but my highest is only about 190,000,000.
Also type your score up so it can be copied and pasted in the high score tables, makes it easier to do.
Thanks! I've edited my post with the score. Only having a single machine to play does have its benefits I guess...

In all honesty, I do have the machine set up pretty easy - extra ball every 50M (up to 4x), rubber on the outlane/inlane divider posts, only 1 ramp shot to cross the bridge in fotr, cave troll sequence enabled, 3 tilt warnings instead of 1... Otherwise it's mostly stock! :p

Last edited:
Thanks! I've edited my post with the score. Only having a single machine to play does have its benefits I guess...

In all honesty, I do have the machine set up pretty easy - extra ball every 50M (up to 4x), rubber on the outlane/inlane divider posts, only 1 ramp shot to cross the bridge in fotr, cave troll sequence enabled, 3 tilt warnings instead of 1... Otherwise it's mostly stock! :p
Actually ignore me as I thought this was in the social distance score thingy☺️
Still good to see it written down though, especially that score!

3 ball game?

Back
Top Bottom