What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'I Completely Fluffed It' Thread

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Got to Final Battle on Avatar and did not get one jackpot. Got it lit then somehow managed to drain three balls without hitting the Unobtanium target. Fluffed it. i171.photobucket.com_albums_u306_darksout_04_20Smileys_Cherna_facepalm.gif

i got to Save New York on Godzilla earlier. guess how many jackpots i scored?
yes that's right, it was a round number.
oh well, at my age i'm grateful to be still above ground.

promise broken.jpg

i got to Save New York on Godzilla earlier. guess how many jackpots i scored?
yes that's right, it was a round number.
oh well, at my age i'm grateful to be still above ground.
Welcome to the club Dan. I don't think you will be the last. :)

League meet at Garrys earlier this year, Join The Circus lit on last ball, hit orbit post & drain. Didn't even realise I gotten that far! Do'h!

I've had mine 2 years and haven't got there :mad:
The Bond lanes are the key. I was trying to complete Navi at first but changed my tactics to start multiballs and concentrate on hitting the flashing shot after you have completed Bond. It then makes Navi much easier when you start it as you will only need three or four shots to complete all the names.

Played all the way through AFM only to be denied Rule the Universe, on ball 2 - drained. Spent the whole of ball 3 going for it, bricked every shot, eventually drained. Closest I ever came to kicking a machine.

Got retribution about 3 or 4 months later at Tilt in Birmingham as I made it to Rule the Universe on the game in there as @I TiltAlot will attest to!

The Bond lanes are the key. I was trying to complete Navi at first but changed my tactics to start multiballs and concentrate on hitting the flashing shot after you have completed Bond. It then makes Navi much easier when you start it as you will only need three or four shots to complete all the names.
That's my strategy as well, keep hitting the Banshee ramp to light bond and pick off all of the shots on the left. Also try and keep the ampsuit bank target down until have hit that as well, makes it a much easier shot

Back on topic, I've lost count of the number of times I've started a CIU mode on Met and then instantly drained. Have also done it on EOL.

At the Belgian Open last year in qualifying I finished 5 out of the 8 qualifying games with multiball lit and ready to go, needless to say I didn't make it out of qualifying because of it.

Still my biggest balls up was at the Southern Pinball Festival about 5 years ago playing against all the top American players. I was crushing it on MM. Had around 80mil, ball trapped on right flipper, drawbridge up for final castle and multiball ready to start. Took my time and decided to start multiball and pick up the castle later, as I released the flipper and the ball started rolling down, I changed my mind and decided to go for the castle. Obviously I hit the standup in between the 2 shots and drained with a SDTM. Hitting the castle would have given me highest score and guaranteed me qualification into the money places. That's why I don't bother trying to trap up anymore and prefer to play 'on the fly' so I don't have time to over think things.

During several months (a year maybe) of SS ownership, I never once managed to get to the top of the Scared Stiffometer. I got close on many occasions, but always fluffed it before completing it - which would always result in me rage-quitting the game.

Back
Top Bottom