What's new

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

A significant factor right now is the much smaller pool of nib games in the uk market..very good recent games i.e. jaws or Elton only 7/8 prems and PE’s were sold so people assuming they can just pick them next year and with big discounts may find that’s not as easy as they thought , who’s selling them to you ?

A significant factor right now is the much smaller pool of nib games in the uk market..very good recent games i.e. jaws or Elton only 7/8 prems and PE’s were sold so people assuming they can just pick them next year and with big discounts may find that’s not as easy as they thought , who’s selling them to you ?
Generally, we’ve play pins a lot on location before buying, so I’m not writing here with the motivated reasoning of selling my EJ PE.

However, there’s a real question what happens to second-hand prices when there’s a consensus that something is worth buying, but only second hand.

An interesting example might be TNA CE. There’s a forum consensus that it’s not worth anywhere like what I paid for it, and therefore no one should buy one NIB, but there’s so few available that the one that came up recently went within hours - despite a hard market - suggesting it could have gone for more than the asking price.

Generally, we’ve play pins a lot on location before buying, so I’m not writing here with the motivated reasoning of selling my EJ PE.

However, there’s a real question what happens to second-hand prices when there’s a consensus that something is worth buying, but only second hand.

An interesting example might be TNA CE. There’s a forum consensus that it’s not worth anywhere like what I paid for it, and therefore no one should buy one NIB, but there’s so few available that the one that came up recently went within hours - despite a hard market - suggesting it could have gone for more than the asking price.
If no one buys nib they’ll be no second hand 🤪

I'm probably wrong, I'm thinking £13k for the actual LE they only made I think 500 it has an extra light show and stuff. The premium version is probably in this market 9k 🤷‍♂️

JJP LEs are called CEs I think.

Edit - as everyone else has already said 😂

JJP LEs are called CEs I think.

Edit - as everyone else has already said 😂

Really it depends how you want to compare them, you could just try to straight map them

JJP CE = Stern LE
JJP LE = Stern Premium
JJP SE = Stern Pro

but I think its more likely better being mapped to the Batman 66 versions

JJP CE = Stern SLE
JJP LE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Premium

but I think its more likely better being mapped to the Batman 66 versions

JJP CE = Stern SLE
JJP LE = Stern LE
JJP SE = Stern Premium
Yes. I'm getting a PE of EJ, which is equivalent to the LE of other titles. It has a topper, powder coated legs, a shaker motor, etc. already installed, which makes it more like the Stern LE.

The CE has a topper with video and a laser projector, sparkles embedded in the playfield, diamantés in the back box, etc. - so, basically, more stuff than the Stern LE.

The SE doesn't have the powder coat, but - usually (not for G 'n R, IIRC) - had the same mechs. Thus, more like a Prem.

JJP also seems to keep releasing new factory runs with different powder coating - like Stern with some of the recent LEs.

Last edited:
Been watching this thread last few days with mild interest but seems prices are all over the place ? I certainly wouldn't sell my MMR royal for anywhere near £9k and if anyone wants to sell Wonka LE for £7750 DM me. Both actual sold prices or offers quoted I think?. Still very few 90's classics come up so I suspect the ar*e hasn't fallen out of that market

I’m thinking of selling my Twilight Zone machine. I’ve owned it for about 10 years it’s in good condition.
The playfield is in very good condition the cab has some fading it has no mods or extras but is a good all round example.
I haven’t bought or sold a machine for a few years and wondered what the going rate is?

I’m thinking of selling my Twilight Zone machine. I’ve owned it for about 10 years it’s in good condition.
The playfield is in very good condition the cab has some fading it has no mods or extras but is a good all round example.
I haven’t bought or sold a machine for a few years and wondered what the going rate is?
There's one sat on FB at the moment for about £6.5k.

Games taken a hit on the price like everything else, I'd say 5.5-6k should land you a buyer.

You might want to post in this thread instead:

I reckon around 6k for a TZ?

put some photos on and you should get an accurate valuation on its worth,i have a very nice example with no mods and no fade or scratches or dinks and i reckon 6k ish.if you put it up for sale for around this price the market will decide on value.

Bit of fun suggested by the discussion in the JW thread...

Bond 60th, what's it worth 2nd hand? Bit academic as so few have sold we probably won't see any advertised, just curious what people think.

Bit of fun suggested by the discussion in the JW thread...

Bond 60th, what's it worth 2nd hand? Bit academic as so few have sold we probably won't see any advertised, just curious what people think.
Being serious no idea 12k why any one would pay serious money is beyond me

Anything between 6 and 8 depends on mods fully mint etc

Personally I think 5k for an average working TZ.

Back
Top Bottom