What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Hi All
Asking for a friend of mine how much would he expect to pay for a EM North Star pinball machine, in working order not fully restored though if he can even find one ??

Last edited:
Hi all,

Any thoughts on what a Data East WWF Royal Rumble would be worth? Good condition with LEDs, new rubbers, nvram and no battery damage.

Thanks!
Wayne.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

@waynej4 when I joined a few years back this would have likely been a £1500 game all day. The way prices are going it wouldn't surprise me if this went for 2.2-2.5K, depending on condition.

Hi All
Asking for a friend of mine how much would he expect to pay for a SS North Star pinball machine, in working order not fully restored though if he can even find one ??
Can't find any record of a SS North Star - do you mean the EM one?
If so, the answer as always is "depends on condition" but I would say £600 - £1k for a worker - it's a desirable classic Gottlieb wedgehead.
Prices of all games, including EM's, are on the up though so it may end up being more than that

Not a machine, but how much is Stern DMD worth with the red filter?

I am installing a colourDMD in my BBH and I will have no use for the old DMD. It’s perfect, with no lines or dots out.

Thanks

Not a machine, but how much is Stern DMD worth with the red filter?

I am installing a colourDMD in my BBH and I will have no use for the old DMD. It’s perfect, with no lines or dots out.

Thanks
Very little, maybe £50.
Many people have upgraded to colour DMDs and there is a surplus of original DMDs

Very little, maybe £50.
Many people have upgraded to colour DMDs and there is a surplus of original DMDs
Surprised it’s so low, I thought they were around the £100 / £150 mark (but I didn’t know, hence the post).

I guess it now a case of do I keep it now as a spare!

Surprised it’s so low, I thought they were around the £100 / £150 mark (but I didn’t know, hence the post).

I guess it now a case of do I keep it now as a spare!
If it were me, I would just keep the original as a spare (which I have done actually) If you ever sell the game and want to transfer the colour DMD to another game, then you can just drop the original DMD back in (and you will be glad you don’t have to source one to drop in) 👍🏼

Can't find any record of a SS North Star - do you mean the EM one?
If so, the answer as always is "depends on condition" but I would say £600 - £1k for a worker - it's a desirable classic Gottlieb wedgehead.
Prices of all games, including EM's, are on the up though so it may end up being more than that
Sorry meant EM at least that's a guide for him Thank you

Yeah that’s what I thought not me buying it but a non pinballer about to be robbed.

I think in this climate £2.5K for a BTTF is t that bad.. not really robbed.. with its cult following and pretty hard to get.

BTTF Stern/ Kapow I’m eagerly awaiting

its a turd of the highest order. and you'll be waiting a very very long time for a new BTTF.

No space. Something has to give . Hard choices so not even sure what :(

Baywatch ? Going rate ? ....
Playfield very good condition minimal wear always seem to have good clearcoat these Segas - clean , plays great. Ramps and plastics good. Some screws prob need a shine if being picky :D
BIG Color display Pin2DMD LED - the ladies of Baywatch in colour
Cab bit rough in places - some chipped wood although hidden on neck area , some fade, usual dings and bashes to head , some touchups - ie someone slapped on a bit of vaguely matching blue paint :D

No space. Something has to give . Hard choices so not even sure what :(

Baywatch ? Going rate ? ....
Playfield very good condition minimal wear always seem to have good clearcoat these Segas - clean , plays great. Ramps and plastics good. Some screws prob need a shine if being picky :D
BIG Color display Pin2DMD LED - the ladies of Baywatch in colour
Cab bit rough in places - some chipped wood although hidden on neck area , some fade, usual dings and bashes to head , some touchups - ie someone slapped on a bit of vaguely matching blue paint :D
@huggers

It's got one of the best themes, but like so many other great theme Pinballs its a shocking game to play.

I hadn't realised until recently that Michael J Fox refused to allow his likeness to be used on it. Whether he was just being awkward (like Wesley Snipes with Demolition Man), a greedy negotiator, or reacted as a pinball fan I don't know

random question about general pricing of more modern pins.... So I have a Spiderman probably valued in the 4k range, is the general price trend down from there or will it hold that value for some time?
I guess I'm asking how quickly do modern pins hit a "bottom" price and then stay there or even get more valuable like some of the 90's pins?

Spiderman was a 3k game not so long ago. In the long term game prices go only UP (for well-maintained games anyway).

I hadn't realised until recently that Michael J Fox refused to allow his likeness to be used on it. Whether he was just being awkward (like Wesley Snipes with Demolition Man), a greedy negotiator, or reacted as a pinball fan I don't know
The pinball manufacturer isn't offering enough money. Same reason we get people impersonating voices on game callouts. Dennis Nordman in interviews talks about Disney wanting to get paid for every element on POTC.

Voice actor? Cash. Likeness? More cash. Licence to beging with? Cash. Data East and Hook artwork is the same story.

Back
Top Bottom