What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hobbit Spotlight flicker

Kenny Taylor

Registered
I have a flickering spotlight that's getting on my nerves. Just to confirm are they 12v 555 LED's and where best to get them locally. Phil doesn't seem to stock them.

I had the same problem with a spotlight on my JJP Pirates. I got a replacement locally - can’t remember where from I’m afraid - and it didn’t solve the problem. A few people on Pinside recommended these specifically:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v

And they work perfectly. I ordered six to make the postage worth it so still have five spare. If you need Cool White (Natural White) I’d be happy to drop one in the post for you - just let me know.

That would be great. How did you remove them from the spotlight as they are hot glued. I've tried pulling them off but I'm afraid on pulling too hard as I'll break them..

No worries, just send me a PM with your address and I’ll get one out to you over the weekend. Afraid I just prised then out by hand - if it’s really jammed you could try warming the glue up slightly somehow? Mine fortunately came out without any damage but it would have been a real pain if they didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom