What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hobbit - Black Arrow Edition

meh. he's a salesman, it's just another price gouge like he did with WOZ, announce a new LE after the LEs are sold out.

i see people posting about how WOZ is the greatest game ever made, and i will own one at some point to spend some proper time on it and make my own mind up, but for now it still just reminds me of a gaudy hunk of junk. i played Hobbit last weekend and it just bored me tbh, up and down, up and down, big open empty playfield etc etc yada yada yada.

Pat Lawlor's game looks interesting though, that i like and look forward to playing more than Batman66, Alien, Houdini etc

This version comes with 'black balls'.

i played Hobbit last weekend and it just bored me tbh, up and down, up and down, big open empty playfield etc etc yada yada yada.

100% same experience. Yawn... walk away & play a fun thing instead.

Pat Lawlor's game looks interesting though, that i like and look forward to playing more than Batman66, Alien, Houdini etc

Also agree.

Last edited:
picture of the machine is in the pictures i posted of JJP event - I agree on Hobbit - its a total yawn machine.

bear in mind though that Martin on Pinball News gave it a glowing review with 9.5 out of 10, so i assume it's a grower

Hobbit is awesome... its just takes time to get used to it. I really like it.

Took me a while to get used to the flippers, felt like those on an old em, but once I got used to that I thought it was great fun, love the screen aswell

I really liked it, much better after 4 or 5 games when you start to work out what to do. Woz was very similar but took about 10 games to see it was actually very good.

I give another vote for Hobit, I prefer it over WOZ, it reminds me of an early SS wide body, but with the extra bling and whistles, very deep code and a lot of different modes, I just love bashing those pop up trolls.

Hated Hobbit when I first played it. Reminded me of playing scrabble. Slow and ponderous.
Played it more and realised that scrabble is a great game that stood the test of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom