What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Pinball Cull of 2013

Fintan Stack

Registered
So I actually did it this time.

I've been saying for months that I needed to cut down on the number of games I had. I've shipped out 6 games in the past 2 weeks!

I sold:

Taxi
Indiana Jones
Baywatch
Creech
Tales From The Crypt
Funhouse (sniff sniff)

All gone! I was a bit shell shocked at first but to be totally honest I actually feel better about the whole thing now. 8 games with room for 4 just meant not enough space to enjoy them and they were just in the way and spoiling the fun.
I've keep Dracula and I still have my White Water that I need to put back together. (I can actually get to this again now!)
I bought one more game today so I am at a nice 3 now. I will probably buy 1 more at some point but I will definitely not go over 4 again. This hobby has a funny way of getting out of hand very quickly.

Here's my new pickup. Very pleased with it. (The apron is awesome!) I have wanted one since the dawn of time:

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 15
It was the right thing for me to do, for sure. I hate to sell them really. And a couple of them really stung to let go! But I just don't have enough space at the moment for that many games. Now, if I had a Grizz-Style shack, that would be different. One day maybe...

Loving the TAF so far. Very fun!

Here's a better pic of it. The lightning is blue but the text is actually purple. It all looks blue when I take a pic though.

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: JT.
Was that a swap for IJ? I think I recognise that apron. :rolleyez:

Even with Creech next to it, it is TAF that makes me a very happy little boy. The theme, the lights, the call-outs. Getting over 20m on the bonus and Gomez saying "Who say's you can't take it with you". The start of multiball, "SHOWTIME". The first time those magnets really mess the ball up. THING stealing the ball. The fantastic CLONK noise made by a perfect shot into the bookcase hole.

TAF certainly feels like a keeper.:rockon:

Oh yeah, I want that apron. Please sell it to me.

I think the guy that I got it from swapped his IJ for it a month or so ago.

It's been on my list for a couple of years. It feels nice to finally get one. Love the start of the multiball.

What about the colour DMD? That is the question. I need to buy a regular one for WH20 anyway. So should I splash out and then use the current TAF one in the WH20. Please talk me into it.

I think the guy that I got it from swapped his IJ for it a month or so ago.

It's been on my list for a couple of years. It feels nice to finally get one. Love the start of the multiball.

If you love the start of multiball then you will love it even more with a Pinball Pro speaker upgrade in it. The base speaker acts like a shaker motor when those immortal words are spoken, MULTIBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. The machine shakes and the glass rattles its feckin awesome.
Was looking at your apron and thought to myself mines a different colour, Camera must not be able to pick up the purple with all the other lights.

What about the colour DMD? That is the question. I need to buy a regular one for WH20 anyway. So should I splash out and then use the current TAF one in the WH20. Please talk me into it.

Oh yeh you gotta get a colour DMD for a sexy looking TAF like that. She deserves it.

I've held off on the colour DMD for TAF as I'd like to see it in the flesh. The AFM one though is fantastic;) and Mr Vince has talked me into getting the version for STTNG (OK, didn't really take a whole lot of talking more a case of one email asking if I wanted one)

I see where you're coming from.
I am very tempted to get an ac/dc - but to pay for that my MM would have to go.
Alternatively sell two - eg LOTR and SMan.
True,in the near run I would lose money as AC/DC would only depreciate.
HOWEVER SMAn and LOTR have both increased for me so it would prob even out .
And AC/DC is just killer!!:rockon:

All this talk of TAF makes me want one :D And Dean, if you ever want to move your Drac on.....give me a shout :thumb:

Hey Chris. Grizz already has first dibs on Dracula I'm afraid. You can certainly have second dibs though!

Great game, Dracula. Hugely under rated I think. Been playing it a lot this week. I still haven't managed to get all 3 multiballs at once yet.

Love these aprons. Who does them? I remember a German company was trying to do them but had copyright issues. Does anyone do them as favours?(to get around the copyright)

yeh - i'd love one too. I also seem to remember however they they were £££ :(

Love these aprons. Who does them? I remember a German company was trying to do them but had copyright issues. Does anyone do them as favours?(to get around the copyright)

Henrik at pinballdreams.com was the guy.

Cal think your right in recognising that apron. Sure looks like my old machine i traded for an indy. A guy in boston. Sometimes goes by the name beasty. I got the apron from germany as suggested above. The web site says they are awaiting copyright but just ask and you will recieve. Enjoy stack.

Cal think your right in recognising that apron. Sure looks like my old machine i traded for an indy. A guy in boston. Sometimes goes by the name beasty. I got the apron from germany as suggested above. The web site says they are awaiting copyright but just ask and you will recieve. Enjoy stack.

Definately your old one Moose! Small world in the pinball scene.

Back
Top Bottom