What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Getaway High Speed II £800

SteffParry

Registered
Up for sale is my starter pin (how did one machine become three so quickly???).

Great table for someone looking to buy their first pin.

This is in average players condition. The cabinet is faded and chipped and rough as hell but that's never bothered me. The playfield is (in my noob, totally non perfectionist opinion) in pretty good shape. Plastics are all ok, there is only a break in the supercharger ramp entrance plastic and the traffic light targets.

Supercharger itself is nice and quick. Other bits are a bit sluggish, IE pop bumpers, slingshots, kickback and plunger but it plays as it should. Flippers are good enough to put the ball where it needs to go but they're not overly powerful. If you are a perfectionist then you'd probably consider this a working project but for the average player its a plug and play.

Oh the only thing I'm not sure about is that it releases all three balls at the same time during multiball. I think that in the Pinball Arcade app they are staggered, so presume mine is doing something wrong. Again it's never bothered me but mentioning it for clarity.

No errors on startup, all switches working, all dots present on DMD. Occasionally the DMD goes into a weird state where it looks like a graphic equaliser and won't display properly again unless you pull one of the leads out of the back of it and plug them back in. It's very intermittent. I've played for an hour and had to do this twice, other times I've played 5-6 hours straight and not had the problem at all. It's not a concern for me. In the photos, that's sellotape residue on the DMD panel, that will be gone soon!

It has a coin mech but I don't know if it works. There's no keylock for the cashbox but it has a metal bar fitted, so you could use a padlock if you needed to.

I changed most of the rubbers and bulbs a few months ago and put new premium balls in. It polishes and waxes up very nice. Remote battery holder and a few new boards were put in after I bought it.

Backbox and manuals/schematics are all present.

It's a hell of a lot of fun to play as most will tell you and you'll have La Grange stuck in your head for days!

Located in Wokingham, Berks. Viewing recommended as I've probably forgotten any finer details!

After £800 which is only thirty quid more than I paid for it and I've spent hundreds on it since then!

Any questions, please ask.

Getaway (1 of 11).jpg
Getaway (2 of 11).jpg
Getaway (3 of 11).jpg
Getaway (4 of 11).jpg
Getaway (5 of 11).jpg
Getaway (6 of 11).jpg
Getaway (7 of 11).jpg
Getaway (8 of 11).jpg
Getaway (9 of 11).jpg
Getaway (10 of 11).jpg
Getaway (11 of 11).jpg

if I had an event due id take this as a "filler". I thought newbies wanted sub 1k games and HS2 is no sloucher

Damn and blast. I've never had a Getaway. The price is great but I have no room at the inn. :(

Re. releasing all locked balls at once - the stopping pin can get stuck in the 'down' position, allowing all the balls to escape at once, rather than singly. It used to occur on the 'Castle' locking area of Williams' Dracula, too. One cure is to install a snap-in 'Nyliner' on the coil bracket, where the pin passes through. A knock-on effect of this, though, is that the pin may then be slightly too short, allowing a fast-moving ball to jump past, or knock a previously locked ball free.

Thanks for the advice Jay, something for the new owner to consider! Really didn't think I'd undervalued this, wish I had a few more to sell! Yes it's currently under offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently in negotiations. There's a few people in the queue though and I'll offer in the order they contacted me.

Poor choice of words on my half. Just to confirm there's been no movement on the price! I just meant with regards collection and providing extra photos etc. So please refrain from further comments as the buyer is paying full asking price and has been very pleasant to deal with.

Poor choice of words on my half. Just to confirm there's been no movement on the price! I just meant with regards collection and providing extra photos etc. So please refrain from further comments as the buyer is paying full asking price and has been very pleasant to deal with.

Fair enough

Back
Top Bottom