What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The Flylands of Magic

Entering the final stages.

Trunk took a while, had to break it down to raw parts in some cases, the rust was severe!

Metals back on
New titan rubbers installed
Plastics back on

PXL_20230403_160909833.jpg

PXL_20230403_163531831.jpg

PXL_20230403_165457232.jpg

PXL_20230403_202801537.jpg

PXL_20230403_202804584.jpg

Reactions: Jib
The apron looks good mate, but I can’t help but focus on what looks like a fish on the floor? 🤔😂

The apron looks good mate, but I can’t help but focus on what looks like a fish on the floor? 🤔😂
Yes I looked at the fish and was thinking what’s the connection with the TOM, a mod I don’t have!

those of you with mirco TOM playfields- did you cruzman them or not?

Long day of bug finding and resolving.

Shooter switch was dead, replaced.

Playfield 12v wasn't working, turns out I hadn't plugged in j116...

Left drain magnet was not firing, fuse had blown in the flip tronic board.

Eddy boards weren't engaging, pots needed a mental amount of tweaking

Trap door mech isn't firing right, need to resolve it. Also need to adjust shooter switch height since replacement it rides too high.

Resolved most of the issues.

First one had a missing gate, thanks to @David retro for sourcing it's replacement so quickly!

First is now all sorted and playing fast and beautifully.

My one (the second) still has issues.

The reinforced bracket replacement for the trap door mech is known to somehow 'sap' power from the original coil. I need to order a stronger coil to sort the 'hold' power.

GI on the right side is strobing I must have a weak connection somewhere.

Got both back in the pinball room spent a long time just cleaning up today.

Will update with a video when everything is done.

PXL_20230407_210458423.jpg

Last edited:
I did not like the blue when I first saw it but it really looks good.
Do not forget some of the coils fire off the flipper board.
I had an issue once with a Whitewater and in the end I had to replace the power cable that went from the top right of the power driver board (I think 104/105) to the flipper board. Turned out the IDC was not making a good connection.
You get the odd fault that does your head in.
Nice work.

I did not like the blue when I first saw it but it really looks good.
Do not forget some of the coils fire off the flipper board.
I had an issue once with a Whitewater and in the end I had to replace the power cable that went from the top right of the power driver board (I think 104/105) to the flipper board. Turned out the IDC was not making a good connection.
You get the odd fault that does your head in.
Nice work.
Would you believe it's purple but my camera on the phone is so **** it comes out blue!

those of you with mirco TOM playfields- did you cruzman them or not?
Hey Neil,

So I spoke to a few on the topic of Mirco playfields.

Ant sends his off to Kruzman but he has a mammoth queue, others say they've had no issues in a HUO environment. So far I've had Mirco playfields on my FT, ToM x 2 and soon about to do a Creech. The FT has held up well with no issues.

I'll say this:

I've had

CPR - Had hole alignment issues on TAF, dimples were next to useless. Playfield however is fine. Had missing holes on top of playfield also

Mirco: FT had missing holes for the posts above each in lane, had to burr off the clear, drill into the playfield, clear had held up though. ToM playfields had minor dimple issues around the kick out area for the 'Vanish'.

I've got 2 more silk screened playfields both names I'm unsure of but they don't make playfields anymore apparently, one which I installed for Scared Stiff, this one had missing holes in a lot of places for posts etc however the clear has been rock solid, the other I have is for MB but I haven't installed that one yet. It does have some colour bleed along the edge however...

Of the 3 (potentially 4) Playfield manfacturers I've used, I've found the Mirco playfields to be the most consistant dimple/hole wise. Clear I'd say seems to ball trail easier than the others and the ToM on one is already showing dimples where the balls have it into the playfield but no different than a modern stern.

If you want piece of mind, go for the Kruzman clear is my final thoughts.

Resolved the issue with the GI strobing on the right string (right slingshot area). Turns out the power driver board was to blame.

My mate Simon brought his oscilloscope for diagnosis. The top is the right string, the bottom is the left string. As you can see they should be identical and they are not.

PXL_20230408_111253783.jpg

The issue was down to the power driver board (Triac signal issue). Lucky I keep a spare WPC 89 Power Driver board. Switched it out and the flickering is gone!

My tiger mod arrived today, looked a bit tony the tiger.

PXL_20230408_124708903.jpg

Wife repainted:

IMG-20230408-WA0005.jpg

Think I'd seen something similar on one of the European sites.
Any good quality wise ?

Think I'd seen something similar on one of the European sites.
Any good quality wise ?
Its a pretty basic topper, no interactivity just pulls power from a 12v Testpoint on the Power Driver Board. Its a simple LED diffused strip that lights up the masks. Its cheap as toppers go £200. Uses a metal frame and simple to install as its just two #6 wood screws into the top.

So after 3 months the translite and art blades have arrived. It was worth the wait. Also bought a new speaker panel. Was supposed to be getting one off someone but after chasing for nearly a month it was just easier to buy a new one.

PXL_20230602_222838853.jpg

PXL_20230602_222844726.jpg

PXL_20230602_222847675.jpg

PXL_20230602_222850029.jpg

I’ve been trying to make my mind up on which artwork to install on mine, either the original but in Radcals or this Flyland kit inc the art blades and the translight. I have both siting here looking at me and the beauty of the Flylands artwork has won me over.
Now I’ve just got to get it installed onto a cab that I’ve had prepped to take Radcals the cab is like glass all over and it’s a shame to cover it but it’s worth it for the Flyland stuff.

Back
Top Bottom