What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flip-Out London Classic 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Domino and Flip-Out are proud to present the
Flip-Out Annual Classic Matchplay Tournament

Classics only! £6 for members £10 for non-members!

We are playing Target Matchplay!!

First player to 30 points wins. Minimum 10 rounds...

Trophies for the top 4.

Pizza included!

Nick Hamill is Tournament Director!

Register Here:

https://playpinball.uk/events/flip-out-london-classic-matchplay-pinball-tournament-2020/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry forgot about registration - now open!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Neil, could you correct my surname on the booking when you get a chance please.

Hello All,
so this is going well with lots of folks signing up!

Unfortunately my grand daughter has qualified for the UK National Dance Championships which means I have to spend two patience challenging days in Blackpool that weekend. @Nickoss II has kindly volunteered to be Tournament Director - huge thanks to Nick.

Also the format is Target Matchplay - 4 player games 3/2/1/0 scoring first to 30 wins!

Neil.

Looks like I can't get there by train on a Sunday so will have to drive. I may be deaf by the time I arrive, so please don't think I'm ignoring anyone! At least it'll give me an excuse and Josh isn't coming so he can't beat me again.

Looks like I can't get there by train on a Sunday so will have to drive. I may be deaf by the time I arrive, so please don't think I'm ignoring anyone! At least it'll give me an excuse and Josh isn't coming so he can't beat me again.

Where are you travelling from? Trains seem to be running from London as normal. See you on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To avoid confusion (for me at least) - is 10.30 when the doors open or when matches commence?

Just a note to say I just have not hit save when I updated the settings last night - apologies to Nick and players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hear ye, hear ye!

Verilly, three and thirty pinball knights did gather at Ye Olde Flip Out London in he hamlet of Croydon for the Flip Out London Classic in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty.

Players didst battle over a series of rounds on ye olde pinball machines (without DMDs), winning betweene them a number of points betwixed seven and one, according to their station, with the first of these squires breaching seventy points declared the champion most fair.

@DanLewell made much of the early running, 'twas felt thou was disapearing 'to the yonder. But Alas! It was all for naught as @Matt Vince reeled him in thricely over the final three rounds, pipping him into second place at the fourteenth and final furlong.

Forsooth, @robotgreg doth came third, jousting around the top players from the start 'till the end was nigh.

Leo Marshall doth finished fourth, at the last, @mufcmufc 's win on Strikes and Spares did not vex him, and his solid second place was enough to overtake his sire an take home the last of the trinkets.

Thanks be to @Neil McRae for organising, and coming up with a most mightiest new format.

'Twas the most excellent of days, and much merriment was had by all (and much mead quaffed by some). We beseech thou to all comest back oft.

Fear ye not, dear reader, for the results are nigh!
Huzzah for the squire @Matt Vince - art crowned Flip Out Classics champion 2020.

Classics.jpg
1Matt Vince 74
2Dan Lewell 72
3Greg Mott 70
4Leo Marshall 67
5Nick Marshall 66
=6Stan Simpson 64
=6Ben Pike 64
=8Bob Marlow 62
=8Lucy Vince 62
=8Ed Rojas 62
11Vin Jauhal 60
=12Chris Poyntz 59
=12Tony Molloy 59
=12Tim Thornton 59
15CJ Brown 58
16Mark Johnson 57
=17Nick Hamill 56
=17Diane Bush 56
=19Martyn Iles 55
=19Gavin Winning 55
=19Roy Smith 55
=19David Fowler 55
23Yuen Aw 54
24Clive Bush 52
25Sam McCourt 50
=26Jay Parker 49
=26Sarah Vince 49
=26Lukasz Dziewulski 49
29Phoebe Lewell 48
30John Boffin 47
31Effie Lewell 43
32Ben Leigh 38
33Daniel Vince 20

Did well to attain a decent score despite finishing 2nd from bottom

Big thanks to Nick for running the comp today! I think i speak for everyone in saying it was a great days pinball and a really nice social event too! Also doesn't hurt that i sneaked it at the end.

It sure was yes

indeed, I'm really annoyed I couldn't be there, thanks again to Nick and all the flip out gang for running this.

would be interesting to get feedback on the format of matchple and the format of classics only.

thanks,
neil.

Back
Top Bottom