What's new

The dude abides

Ritchie " the dude " wade texted me someone over in expo told him....

Maybe mark will have some more info soon as he is there now..

I actually logged in for the first time in a while just to post this. I've already emailed Phil to ask him to put me on the list if this is indeed true. I've wanted this machine for years - I've honestly never been this excited about pinball. What a time to be in the hobby!

From Pinside -

What an insane weekend!!!!!

So this is coming.

http://dudepinball.com/

The person/company behind this campaign is very clever. They know how pinside is... how the internet community is. So they are launching this as a viral campaign.

Clue 1 was on Wednesday when we saw the ad in the EXPO program saying information is coming Saturday.

Clue 2 was today when big breasted babes in bowling mini dresses were handing out flyers advertising the dude pinball website with the same image shown on Wednesday, but this time with a rug, bowling pins, and a measuring cup. All easy clues from the Big Lebowski movie.

What is not known at this time is who is behind it. Frankly speaking, the polish of both the new site, the flyers, the photo quality and the promo girls in custom made outfits seems to eliminate the boutique builders. This points to something bigger...

And with 70 days left until (The Reveal?) the timing of an announcement seems to fall in place with with the marketing director of Stern told me would be "The next machine coming out in January".

So, will 3pm STERN session today be more info on Lebowski? Will this remain a mystery? Did the creators of this campaign intend it to be mysterious for months to come? Did the builders of this pin secretly pull me aside at EXPO and ask me to make this thread to stir the pot?????

All this and more shall soon be revealed! pinside.com_js_smilies_icon_smile.gif

From Pinside -

What an insane weekend!!!!!

So this is coming.

http://dudepinball.com/

The person/company behind this campaign is very clever. They know how pinside is... how the internet community is. So they are launching this as a viral campaign.

Clue 1 was on Wednesday when we saw the ad in the EXPO program saying information is coming Saturday.

Clue 2 was today when big breasted babes in bowling mini dresses were handing out flyers advertising the dude pinball website with the same image shown on Wednesday, but this time with a rug, bowling pins, and a measuring cup. All easy clues from the Big Lebowski movie.

What is not known at this time is who is behind it. Frankly speaking, the polish of both the new site, the flyers, the photo quality and the promo girls in custom made outfits seems to eliminate the boutique builders. This points to something bigger...

And with 70 days left until (The Reveal?) the timing of an announcement seems to fall in place with with the marketing director of Stern told me would be "The next machine coming out in January".

So, will 3pm STERN session today be more info on Lebowski? Will this remain a mystery? Did the creators of this campaign intend it to be mysterious for months to come? Did the builders of this pin secretly pull me aside at EXPO and ask me to make this thread to stir the pot?????

All this and more shall soon be revealed! pinside.com_js_smilies_icon_smile.gif

Awesome. Can't imagine stern having balls to do it, but would be great

I would be amazed if Stern are involved. Would be very cool if they are though. But I can't see them stepping away from the current, blockbuster type themes though.

Would love a BL pin though. I hope it's for real and it actually happens.

Reading a bit over on pinside it's possible it is a hoax, or at least as a few have said and would make perfect sense a way of telling who would be in for a pre-order and taking that info to maybe stern or JJP . I generally think more people would be interested in an older theme than say Thor 2 or something like that.
Can't wait for predator and now maybe the dream pin for me " blues brothers " could maybe happen, and if not **** it I will make one everyone else is making pins ;)

Big lebowski promo girls pic from pinside....

image.jpg

Cheers

Will

A guy on pinside who goes by the name mnpinball posted in one of the Lebowski threads there stating that the game company is from Europe. No idea if this is true or not, but he has in the past known details of Stern machines prior to official announcement...

Dutch Pinball is the team behind it, due for release in Q2 2015. I just pre-ordered - it's my dream theme and fully refundable so why not!

Oh Lordy Lordy !!! Gotta sell some machines , must have this

Well I don't get it at all, I've seen the film but frankly can't remember anything about it. I could probably list 50 films that would make more sense TO ME to base a pinball machine on. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Love the film and this is great theme for me. I would love one. But what a disappointing reveal!! All that fuss, a long countdown and then all we get is a price (which is pretty beefy) and a payment schedule. I was hoping for so much more. :(

Still pretty exciting though. At least we know it's real now. I hope it turns out to be great.

Well I don't get it at all, I've seen the film but frankly can't remember anything about it. I could probably list 50 films that would make more sense TO ME to base a pinball machine on. Anyone care to enlighten me?
you should probably watch it again, it's a killer film that has achieved cult status, wonderful dialogue and crazy dream sequences, and a storyline about some stoners try to get a rug back. i just did a quick google image search for your memories:

the-big-lebowski-dancing-o.gif tbl10.jpg tbl9.jpg tbl8.jpg tbl7.jpg tbl6.jpg tbl5.jpg tbl4.jpg tbl3.jpg tbl2.jpg tbl1.jpg

My concern is that they are inviting design ideas from the general public which suggests the machine isn't much further past the concept phase atm.

Predator has had its design sorted for a long time and they haven't managed to get one final game built yet. JJP had veteran game designers, artists, sound designers, software guys etc. etc. and 3 years later they are only half way through delivering their orders.

I hope its a success, you can never have too many pinball makers, but I wouldn't expect to see this for at least 2-3 years yet

Yup, don't know why people are getting excited, does nothing for me either, are we missing something? film does not make it into my top 200

Back
Top Bottom