What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Curry Thread

I had an amazing balti in Bradford. Can't remember the name of the place, but it was opposite an outdoor car park that was patrolled by a member of staff! (as someone from rural home counties that was quite an eye opener).

I pretty much just have chicken phalls nowadays, which has the side benefit of me being able to have it all to myself because it's too hot for everyone else. :)
Sounds like Akbars on Leeds Road.

Do you make a half gravy and half water mix when adding to the actual curry Alan?

If so, I also appear to have made a huge batch! :)

That looks ace!

I have a fridge and freezer full of gravy ready to go, I just need to grab some more onions as the last few bags I’ve bought have had a load of off ones in and the gravy called for 1.5kg wiping me out.

One question to you experienced chefs i have is how do you get the orange staining out of my utensils and storage containers? My wife wasn’t impressed with the state of her stick blender!

Yeah, skinless on the bone, marinated and roasted separately, bunged in sauce last minute. Bit of a cheats kit from SimplyCook but was well tasty.

Here is another good one. It’s very easy to make, as basically chuck it all in a pan and leave it. It tastes quite unique due to the yoghurt.

You can do it as per the recipe with the deep fried potato and onions, or for an easier and less fatty variant, I often just put the onions and potatoes in raw with everything else.

2EE15CE9-CF5D-4C88-8441-A895C3DB4476.jpeg

Not curry this time, but chili con carne.

I’ve tried many recipes over many years. This one is my favourite of all times, from a guy in America.

I’ve just got one on the go for tonight. I use red peppers instead of green as i think they taste better.

06B75A1A-0A0F-4DA8-9264-EC8B39BF0BEF.jpeg
94D27AA6-2116-4D5A-9193-ECA337283735.jpeg

If this is turning into a recipe thread - I'll throw this one down for Chicken Kebabs, recipe uses thigh, but I use breast and omit the pepper.
Decent on in the oven grill, but better on the BBQ

1 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt

2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons ketchup

6 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon Aleppo red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon kosher salt

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 teaspoon paprika

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved

4 long metal skewers

Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, ketchup, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, cumin, black pepper, paprika, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

Place chicken thigh halves into the yogurt marinade and coat them thoroughly on all sides. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.

Using 2 skewers for each kebab, thread half of the chicken thighs onto each pair of skewers making a fairly thick "log" shape.

Place kebabs on grill. Do not try to turn them until they begin to unstick from the grill, 3 or 4 minutes. Turn kebabs and grill the other side 3 or 4 minutes; turn. Continue cooking and turning until chicken is no longer pink in the centre and the juices run clear, about 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).

91F1EAFC-89FC-4516-AC17-307AFF2532F6.jpegHere’s my crack at the bhuna. It tastes amazing; really caramelly and smoky. 🤩

I used potato, roast cauliflower, chick peas and mushroom as the main ingredients.

The only other thing I substituted was a cinnamon stick instead of bark.

My lad is just about to get back from a school activity week in Dorset so hopefully he’ll be very pleased to tackle this in an hour or two.

fantastic, i’m in awe of people who can do it without meat, i do figure potato and cauli are pretty good instead. and of course the mushies

fantastic, i’m in awe of people who can do it without meat, i do figure potato and cauli are pretty good instead. and of course the mushies
Cooking with the gravy is a real game changer. I’d go so far to say this is the best curry I’ve had outside a decent Indian restaurant.

Made curried goat with coconut rice and peas tonight, in a Dutch pot on the hob for a few hours.
Vacuum sealed in a bag for the marinade to speed things up, very handy thing to have as it’s done quick.
1BF1D17E-42B6-4039-8FF1-B276BC41B82F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom