What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big Lebowski - Now Shipping!

JustLikeMe

Site Supporter
New **** Newsletter just landed - The Big Lebowski is now shipping!

4/15/2016 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - Now shipping - Mark it Dude!

Dear,

The first The Big Lebowski™ Pinball games are boxed and will be picked up on Tuesday to the first achievers who pre-ordered The Big Lebowski™ Pinball !!

We can’t tell you how happy we are! It has been a roller coaster adventure building this pin and now we finally can share the fun of this game with you. The production line has moved be more efficient and we will now slowly ramp up to build more games. We will keep you posted when your game is ready and we will ask you how you want to ship your game.

As you probably remember, our plan was (and still is) to ship the games in batches by sea to the USA. However, we received requests from some achievers who prefer to receive their game earlier and asked us to send it by air. Since the start of this project, we listen to you. You gave us input for the game, gave us ideas for call outs and now you give us the idea to be flexible with shipments. And Dutch Pinball abides. That’s why we offer you the alternative of direct shipment by air so you will receive your game asap. The costs of this shipment will be higher of course but we just want to offer you the option.

1. You choose regular shipment by sea: your game will be sent in a batch to the USA and you only pay the costs in the USA (approximately $ 300.00).
2. You choose direct shipment by air: your game will be sent directly from the factory to your house (approximately $ 1,450.00).

For Achievers in Australia and Asia, we will find out what the costs are for these two choices and inform you later. For Achievers in Europe, it is easy. They will all be shipped directly from the factory to your house by truck. We will inform you individually about the costs (this differs per country and city).

The mission of Dutch Pinball is to bring fun to the world and we believe we succeeded in designing and building the best pinball machine ever with high-quality animations, music, light and SFX, immersive game-play and love for details. We hope you will love it as much as we do.
We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new ****' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

Reactions: JT.
That's great news Guy! It's been a long time coming, good on you for hanging in there, looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it set up :)

That's great news Guy! It's been a long time coming, good on you for hanging in there, looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it set up :)

Cheers Mark - pre-ordered the day it was announced in December 2013 and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster but glad I stayed in! Looks like the first three machines are shipping on Tuesday so hopefully number 8 won't be far behind.

Attachments

• lebowski 1.jpg
    lebowski 1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 39
  • lebowski 2.jpg
    lebowski 2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 36
  • lebowski 3.jpg
    lebowski 3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 37
Not sure if there's much interest in Lebowski here, but my machine finally arrived a couple of days go and I'm very happy with it. I recorded a short game on the new software that I posted on Pinside, and thought it was worth posting it here too:

Afraid I'm not playing very well as still learning the machine - this was probably my tenth game or so - and I don't start any of the multiballs, but I do start a few rug modes.

I also posted the following impressions:

- I'm no longer worried about replacing the instrumentals with the soundtrack. The instrumentals work well with gameplay, and with the number of movie clips that play I think it would be distracting/confusing to have tracks with vocals. If someone else makes a custom code I'll probably give it a go, but I think the overall quality of the music is good enough to live with.

- The build quality is pretty impressive. Feels much more solid than Stern, and whilst I never had a B/W NIB, I can't imagine they came out looking this good. The decals in particular surprised me - extremely glossy, really nice finish. I was shocked by the weight of the backglass when I removed it - has a real weight to it.

- I did have a few issues with the machine out of the box but Barry was very responsive and the main issue was resolved within an hour or two. Couple of small things I still need to work on but I'm not concerned in the slightest. I'm sure the testing / quality control will only get better as they come across more issues.

- The display is fantastic. Much prefer it to the large monitor used in JJP machines.

- The light show in attract mode is incredible in person. The light shows in the game aren't quite there yet, but I'm sure they'll improve with time. I'm sure we all agree that it's more important for DP to focus on getting the modes in first before making everything pretty.

- The one exception to the above is the lightshow during Nihilist Showdown - very cool. As Hensbrooker mentioned earlier in the thread the GI pulses in time to the soundtrack, and it reminds me to a degree of Strobe Multiball in AFM, though clearly not as challenging.

- The rug modes are cool - variety of shots depending on the mode, and after each successful shot another clip from the movie is played to further the scene. In the 'This is What Happens' rug mode you have to shoot the car on the upper playfield, and after each successful shot to the car the upper flipper dies so you have to get it back up there again which I thought was a nice touch.

- The game is much more difficult than I thought it would be. There's one really dangerous shot - Donny - as the ball comes around the loop very quickly, and heads SDTM. Have to nudge to save every time. Similarly the rug skillshot send the ball around the loop in the other direction extremely fast and has on occasion gone SDTM. Shooting the shot to light the bowling letters on the upper playfield is difficult too.

- Following on from the above, reaching the Wizard Mode is going to be a real challenge. I have a feeling that collecting all bowling balls via the bowling toy is going to be the hardest goal to achieve.

- The rug toy does need a strong hit to register. Barry advised me to loosen a couple of screws under the playfield which certainly helped, but you still need a good direct shot.

- The movie clips etc are really well integrated and extremely varied. All the scenes you'd expect are present. Really no need to worry going forwards.

- The system menu is very straightforward and easy to navigate. Very impressed.

It was a long wait and there were certainly times I found Dutch Pinball's communication to be frustrating, to say the least, but the final product really is impressive. The code is still early (0.43) but is very promising. I know Dave Bishop has one on order - are any others coming to the UK?

Congrats!

Looking at the latest Sterns, JJP, Spooky, Heighway and now DP, have to say this looks the best of the new tech. It's 2016 while keeping the backglass etc. Display is awesome.

Not a BL movie fan but this game looks lovely.

Hope they have some good themes lined up after T:)BL

Looks great, thanks for sharing

Got to get a game on this sometime.
It seems quite a low scoring game which is good, not fond of games that give you 50,000,000 just for plunging the ball

Awesome .... And as no one has claimed " Dibs " yet in true pinball info fashion may I lay claim to first dibs :)

Back
Top Bottom