What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Tamiya rc car

Spandangler

Site Supporter
well off topic I appreciate but you never know.

Anyone got an old Tamiya rc car gathering dust They'd sell?

Looking for a lunch box or similar. Even a better would be a willys jeep.

Let me know peeps

Cheers
Gaz

Thing is I bought the whole set up ten years ago. Super hornet, 3 batteries, fast charger and radio gear. Sold it all about 7 years ago like a numpty.

I saw @myPinballs a few weeks ago was constructing one and I got all inspired

I have built and sold a Tamiyas bullhead (2012 re-release) and am now (as time allows) building a tamiya TT-02 4WD R/C Touring Car Chassis. Modding it to hell to with as much aluminium parts as possible. Myself and my daughter are seeing how fast we can get it :)

My advice would be to buy one of the new tamiya re-releases,a s all the parts are new and not knackered or brittle etc Worth it in the long run

They've re-released all the classics (for us old sad £$%£$%), like the lunch box, blackfoot, wild willy, bullhead, clod buster, thunder dragon, hornet, grasshopper etc etc

Cheers Jim
Yeah seen those. I reckon that's the route I'll go. I really wanna monster truck but i REALLY want this
IMG_0369.jpg

I have one ladyboy. An original manta ray 4wd. This was a top end battery model in its day. The proper kit version, dating from around 1995. It got very little use. I enjoyed building it, painting it. But once done, I realised that it was not for me

Any use to you ?

God knows where it is, but I could try and hunt it down. I have a charger, remote control. The batteries will be shot. Hopefully I had the sense to remove them from the controller. I may have even tossed it

It looks like this ..

image.jpeg

hmm, tamiya remakes are pretty decent but if you really want something that will last look at HPI, Kyosho Team Lost or Hong Nor.

Wow fond memories, I still have buggies or truggies from all those manufacturers Neil, kyosho make beautiful creations, especially the miniz range

Ah the Manta Ray.. Mate of mine had a Ninja like **** of off a shovel..

hmm, tamiya remakes are pretty decent but if you really want something that will last look at HPI, Kyosho Team Lost or Hong Nor.

Schumacher was my car of choice back in the 'racing' days, had a couple of pro cats. You can't beat the tamiya models though for fun especially if you want to build something cool with your kids. The injection moulding quality on them is amazing. Shame pinball manufacturers couldnt utilise the same quality! HA ha ha

Awesome Jim. Was looking at those. I assume it's a clod buster chassis? It's a beast

I had the Hornet remake a few years ago. Like a lot of these things I'd wanted one since I was a kid but my parents are from Yorkshire. Ended up giving it away to the kid of the people who bought my previous house.

dont forget schumacher!!
Schumacher was my car of choice back in the 'racing' days, had a couple of pro cats. You can't beat the tamiya models though for fun especially if you want to build something cool with your kids. The injection moulding quality on them is amazing. Shame pinball manufacturers couldnt utilise the same quality! HA ha ha
ive got a few procats in the loft as well as a couple of the older ones, was it the xls?

Had a monster beetle and a falcon and fitted it with a competition motor in it and all metal bearings on wheels and gear box ,but all gone now after we had a house fire 14 years ago ,

Schumacher in my view sucked but I raced nitro - I know a lot of the leccy guys loved them, but in nitro they couldn't take the pace! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Having watched a few YouTube vids I'm now beginning to think the pinball crew look pretty cool
:eek:

It is the kit only, so would need a speed control etc... but is built up ready to go. Would do £70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one ladyboy. An original manta ray 4wd. This was a top end battery model in its day. The proper kit version, dating from around 1995. It got very little use. I enjoyed building it, painting it. But once done, I realised that it was not for me

Any use to you ?

God knows where it is, but I could try and hunt it down. I have a charger, remote control. The batteries will be shot. Hopefully I had the sense to remove them from the controller. I may have even tossed it

It looks like this ..

View attachment 50135

I had one exactly like this but wrapped it round a tree while drunk driving :)

Blimey - I used to race these (like the one @DRD has up above on this thread) - brought back a load of memories! Think i've still got the trophies I won somewhere, but sadly the cars themselves have long gone :(

Back
Top Bottom