What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talk me through Nicad battery replacement please

Jb3d

Site Supporter
Alias
John
image.jpeg image.jpeg OK. My new Elektra has a Nicad battery showing no obvious signs of nastiness but I understand I should remove it from the board. Pls see photo. I have a replacement battery holder. Pls see photo. Looking at the Nicad It appears to have leads going through to the back of the board and be attached by a sort of metal flap. So at the risk of sounding daft, how do I Remove it and fit the new battery holder? I understand I need to put a diode on the positive lead between the battery and the board, what is the best way to do that? Sorry to ask such basic questions but none of the help videos etc I've looked at quite give me the full step by step answer. Thanks very much if you can advise!

I put a lithium button cell in my Vector. Looks very neat and tidy.

This isn't my photo but it is what I used to do my game.
Thanks,so where do I buy one and how do you solder it in...and does it need a diode to stop the machine trying to recharge it thinking it's still,a Nicad?

@stoptap ,thank you for your patience with my questions! I am about to order this battery and holder. I'm also going to buy a diode...am I right that a 1n4148 is what I need? When I have all that I'm afraid I'm going to come back and ask for further advice as I fix it all on. This will be the first time I've done ANY work on a board so I'm anxious not to make a hash of it. Thanks again. John

@stoptap ,thank you for your patience with my questions! I am about to order this battery and holder. I'm also going to buy a diode...am I right that a 1n4148 is what I need? When I have all that I'm afraid I'm going to come back and ask for further advice as I fix it all on. This will be the first time I've done ANY work on a board so I'm anxious not to make a hash of it. Thanks again. John
I think I used a 1N4004 because I have some laying around.

Back
Top Bottom