What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Tales of the Arabian Nights

Lovely TOTAN that looks almost identical (with gold plated apron but red base on lamp) to the restored one I bought off the Forum earlier this year. Good to see AJ Pinball still going.....I recall picking up a couple of pins from them in Bromley the best part of 15 years ago!

Really good to see CPR being really transparent about the issue with the Totan Playfield and not just passing it onto another customer without pointing out the issue.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-clearance/pfield-8637/
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-clearance/pfield-8921/
These pictures from the CPR listings clearly shows the issue.
post-3-23-808x860.jpgpost-1-32.jpgpost-2-23-808x606.jpg
Unfortunately when Kevin checked the other one they had ready it had the same issue, hence me getting a Mirco, but the customer service from CPR was amazing and had a really interesting conversation with Kevin about the whole process they go through to make the playfields. The Diner Playfiled I got from CPR is absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
Really good to see CPR being really transparent about the issue with the Totan Playfield and not just passing it onto another customer without pointing out the issue.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-clearance/pfield-8637/
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-clearance/pfield-8921/
These pictures from the CPR listings clearly shows the issue.
View attachment 111862View attachment 111866View attachment 111865
Unfortunately when Kevin checked the other one they had ready it had the same issue, hence me getting a Mirco, but the customer service from CPR was amazing and had a really interesting conversation with Kevin about the whole process they go through to make the playfields. The Diner Playfiled I got from CPR is absolutely amazing.

cpr are just good honest guys and a pleasure to deal with I can’t understand why they don’t do the same range as micro do I have had around 10Taf playfield s for them all pretty much perfect and there does not seem to be much different in the bronze up to the gold I think most people with the bronze would be very happy with it unless super anal
Micro on the other hand are a pita to deal with I reject about 50% of the playfield s they send me
The WW had no nw insert on it and a post hole not present
The cc the hole for the scoop was too small and the scoop would not fit through it when you mention anything too him he just dismissed it they are often badly warped
I have had a few nice ones from him no problems with the Wh20 ones I have had sad thing is they just don’t make them like they used to

you need to replace every single switch in a wpc 95 game as they are rubbish

Yup - they did a stern on them and went cheap. By the tone I’d sold my monster bash all but one had been swapped and as the buyer arrived it started to play up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup - they did a stern on them and went cheap. By the tone I’d sold my monster bash all but one had been swapped and as the buyer arrived it started to play up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yes if you have the playfield striped it’s an easy job
And relatively cheap compared to the 1k you have just spent on your new playfield and a faulty switch can kill the game dead in the wrong place particularly the lock on Totan

Very nicely finished off and I reckon the mirror side blades bring an extra sparkle to what is already a visual feast of a playfield; I must get some fitted to my TOTAN.

Very nicely finished off and I reckon the mirror side blades bring an extra sparkle to what is already a visual feast of a playfield; I must get some fitted to my TOTAN.
Mirror side blades work lovely with ToTAN. Plus AFM. Not so much with MM I thought. Anyway - I am off at a tangent. This machine looks amazing.

Mirror side blades work lovely with ToTAN. Plus AFM. Not so much with MM I thought. Anyway - I am off at a tangent. This machine looks amazing.

Put a pair of them on mine - supplied by [mention]CHRIS B PINBALLS [/mention] - they do look fantastic.

A very fine example - something to aspire too with my restore

Back
Top Bottom