What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TAF

Yup, the wedge GI is all in the backbox. Just need to work out where these #89 flashers are that Comet claim there is, the manual only mentions #906.

Thanks Paul. Don’t worry, life gets in the way sometimes, I’m sorted i think. Unless you have any spare plastics. In particular the insects (I’m missing one from the wire form think it’s a dragonfly or something) and the Wednesday one which over hangs the blue targets from the pop bumper.

You mean this one Gaz ? I don't seem to have that on my machine ? I know they made extra insect plastics so perhaps it wasn't factory fitted. Which wire form did you think it goes on ? :hmm:

The green 'bush' wasn't used either. I got hold of one ages ago and mounted it on a little post near the swamp area ...like a little tree :)

Capture.JPG

You mean this one Gaz ? I don't seem to have that on my machine ? I know they made extra insect plastics so perhaps it wasn't factory fitted. Which wire form did you think it goes on ? :hmm:

The green 'bush' wasn't used either. I got hold of one ages ago and mounted it on a little post near the swamp area ...like a little tree :)

View attachment 74237

That’s the one Grizz. I’ll have to go hunt the insects tonight as I can’t recall seeing half of those.

Another question re: the flasher behind the train. Is it just the dome riveted to the plastic, or does the rivet go through the flashlamp holder as well? Trying to work out how big a job it's going to be to get the yellow one on mine changed for the correct white, since I need to take the ramp off to fit my pop bumper LED rings anyway. I'm going to have to send the plastic off to someone to get it de-riveted (?) and riveted again.

Another question re: the flasher behind the train. Is it just the dome riveted to the plastic, or does the rivet go through the flashlamp holder as well? Trying to work out how big a job it's going to be to get the yellow one on mine changed for the correct white, since I need to take the ramp off to fit my pop bumper LED rings anyway. I'm going to have to send the plastic off to someone to get it de-riveted (?) and riveted again.
You could just live with it :) Does it bother you that much.

I wonder if some came from the factory like this? Bearing in mind the rivets, it seems odd that someone previously would bother to change it. And it's not in a position likely to suffer damage.

It's the only yellow flasher dome in the game. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't triggering me somewhat.

And yeah - I have seen a couple of other TAFs on Google image search with yellow domes above the train, but the majority seem to be white. Annoyingly I can't find anything in the manual which says what they're supposed to be, the only mini dome part numbers listed at all are the ones on the ramp.

Really!! What a pita. I got mine from eBay however the seller was on here as RobZombie. I’m sure he wasn’t aware there would be a problem but I’ve got no comeback plus I bought it months ago.

The back right corner seems very warped to. To the extent the flasher cover won’t click in to place. So if I can’t install it properly I’ll just have to buy a new one from Pinball heaven.

If it does fit in to place ok, I’ll look at filing that hole bigger

Hi Spandangler, I have come back from the dead specifically to reply to this post. I have been checking in now and again (and believe me it was hard not to correct a few posts on the RFM) but only just seen this one. As you say yourself, I had no idea the ramp was duff. I bought it in good faith from a seller in Australia. By the time it arrived 6 weeks later I had lost interest in stripping the machine down. It looked OK, but obviously without trying it out you'd never know. Anyway, this is going to be a one post profile hopefully, I don't intend to come back on the forum, but I do very much believe in karma and therefore just message me with your PayPal address and amount and it will be refunded. Cheers.

Hi Spandangler, I have come back from the dead specifically to reply to this post. I have been checking in now and again (and believe me it was hard not to correct a few posts on the RFM) but only just seen this one. As you say yourself, I had no idea the ramp was duff. I bought it in good faith from a seller in Australia. By the time it arrived 6 weeks later I had lost interest in stripping the machine down. It looked OK, but obviously without trying it out you'd never know. Anyway, this is going to be a one post profile hopefully, I don't intend to come back on the forum, but I do very much believe in karma and therefore just message me with your PayPal address and amount and it will be refunded. Cheers.
A true gent...

Back
Top Bottom