What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF. When ball goes into trough , getting warning then tilt

Lee ellison

Lee9168
Another problem has arisen , when ball was going into trough ,I started getting the tilt warning and sometimes tilt ,, lifted playfield and flicked the switch , the first one in the trough that loads the ball into the trough after the ball has drained and it gives out the warning and tilt sign , is this a short somewhere or has anyone got a idea what is happening
Lee

Thanks Carl , I've got no diodes at the mo . But after going through switch edge test , I think I've,e narrowed it down to opto 4 on bookcase , when I switch the bookcase off the trough switch reads correctly on matrix test , but when I reconnect bookcase , which automatically has these switches in closed position , when I switch the trough switch. It shows up as Start button on the dmd , So I think I am correct in saying it is the opto 4 switch , same row as trough switch On the matrix ? Am I right here ? . So if it is the opto 4 would it be one of the diodes on the opto board that is at fault ? Any help would be appreciated . Also just noticed when I lift the playfield up in switch test mode the opto 4 switch keeps going open and closed , could this be a wire shorting out somewhere ?

Have you previously had problems with the bookcase? If you look in the manual at the switch matrix then it would affect other switches in the row/column.

Yeh just put 4 new optos in the bookcase a couple of weeks ago , but not really because there was a problem , I had to change them all because I smashed them !, I think I,ve Sussex it Carl , I had a short on one of the switches , it was the right ramp out switch , seems ok for now , thanks Carl

Good to hear you have sorted it. I was going to suggest looking at the opto board which might require a chip being replaced but looks like you are good now.

Back
Top Bottom