What's new

TAF. When ball goes into trough , getting warning then tilt

Lee ellison

Lee9168
Another problem has arisen , when ball was going into trough ,I started getting the tilt warning and sometimes tilt ,, lifted playfield and flicked the switch , the first one in the trough that loads the ball into the trough after the ball has drained and it gives out the warning and tilt sign , is this a short somewhere or has anyone got a idea what is happening
Lee

Thanks Carl , I've got no diodes at the mo . But after going through switch edge test , I think I've,e narrowed it down to opto 4 on bookcase , when I switch the bookcase off the trough switch reads correctly on matrix test , but when I reconnect bookcase , which automatically has these switches in closed position , when I switch the trough switch. It shows up as Start button on the dmd , So I think I am correct in saying it is the opto 4 switch , same row as trough switch On the matrix ? Am I right here ? . So if it is the opto 4 would it be one of the diodes on the opto board that is at fault ? Any help would be appreciated . Also just noticed when I lift the playfield up in switch test mode the opto 4 switch keeps going open and closed , could this be a wire shorting out somewhere ?

Have you previously had problems with the bookcase? If you look in the manual at the switch matrix then it would affect other switches in the row/column.

Yeh just put 4 new optos in the bookcase a couple of weeks ago , but not really because there was a problem , I had to change them all because I smashed them !, I think I,ve Sussex it Carl , I had a short on one of the switches , it was the right ramp out switch , seems ok for now , thanks Carl

Good to hear you have sorted it. I was going to suggest looking at the opto board which might require a chip being replaced but looks like you are good now.

Back
Top Bottom