What's new

TAF Transistor keeps failing

So....I've fitted the new Fliptronic board. I've fitted the new Flipper coil and when I power up..TROUBLE!
Firstly, there are four red diodes on the flipper board. Can someone please tell me if this is normal.
Secondly, the DMD is scrambled.
Thirdly, I have no power to anything on the playfield. The backbox seems fine.
Can someone point me in the right direction please.
Ta!

OK guys. Found the problem. Unplugged and re-plugged the ribbon cable. Bingo.
Now Everything works except the new flipper coil. Stupidly, I didn't put a meter over it prior to fitting it. And now I seem to have a short across the coil.
I've unplugged the board and still have the short so it's not the board. I'll have to take it out and test it. I could end up putting the old one back (with new diodes) at this rate!

One coil diode shorted out. ON A BRAND NEW COIL !!!
I've replaced BOTH diodes on the new coil. Now the flipper does not work because I blew a fuse (F102) on the main board.
AND I don't have any spare 3A Slow Blow fuses.
I need to have a game of pinball to relax!

Phil Palmer at Pinball Heaven knows what he is doing - he does fill out the right paperwork.

Has been doing this for a long time.

It will be a customs issue. It always is.

Same for us in the UK - I ordered an album box set from Netherlands. 150 euro - ended up paying £47 in charges!!!!! VAT/Parcel force charges....

What they did is sent me a letter saying it had duty to pay - which took a week to get to me. This does not always show up on tracking details. Could it be this letter never got to you?

Phil Palmer at Pinball Heaven knows what he is doing - he does fill out the right paperwork.

Has been doing this for a long time.

It will be a customs issue. It always is.

Same for us in the UK - I ordered an album box set from Netherlands. 150 euro - ended up paying £47 in charges!!!!! VAT/Parcel force charges....

What they did is sent me a letter saying it had duty to pay - which took a week to get to me. This does not always show up on tracking details. Could it be this letter never got to you?
Hi Pick Holder,
I also have had a high regard for Phil. He has always been a great help, particularly when I was a newbie.
On this occasion the shipment seems to have gone back and forward, probably indicating a problem with the paperwork.
I am quite prepared to give Phil the benefit of the doubt. Customs are an overzealous pain in the export.
It's sad that I am left feeling that I have to re-assess my commitment to UK business like Pinball Heaven. I just have to put my own interests first.

Back
Top Bottom