What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available TAF train plastic (and someone to rivet)

Durzel

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone have this bit of plastic:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/p...4129/plastic-for-the-addams-family-31-1664-27

..and is able to rivet a clear dome cap (I can provide this) for me?

...on or before the new year?

I've pretty much only got Christmas holidays to finish putting my own stamp on my TAF and currently I have a yellow dome on mine for reasons unknown. I want a clear dome on it for OCD reasons. I have to remove the ramp to fit my LED pop bumper rings anyway so it's not like I'm making work for myself.

Alternative is that I remove the ramp and ship off my plastic and get it back re-riveted, but that sounds like it'll take longer than simply paying for someone who has the plastic & can rivet to do it and just send it to me.

So, any takers? :)

You could always buy the flasher dome and simply nut and bolt it on. Doesn’t NEED to be riveted.

I have the flasher dome ready to go. I'd still have to remove the riveted yellow dome though, somehow, without knackering the plastic which I don't really trust myself doing.

I don't understand
I have that plastic installed in my TAF. It has a yellow dome riveted to it by (I presume) the guy who restored it, or it came like that for reasons - maybe TAF/proto-TAF or whatever had a yellow dome there instead of white.

I want a clear dome there like every other TAF I've seen has.

I can't rivet - don't have the tools to rivet or remove them.

Quite simply - I either want (to pay) someone to rivet a clear plastic dome to that plastic, and send it to me, or for me to send them the plastic & the dome and for them to send it back after they've re-riveted it... ideally before the start of the new year so I can finish up my TAF.

OK. I've got you. I thought that you had bought a new plastic like the one in the link and wanted to add the dome. Didn't realise you needed the existing dome removing and a new one adding. Sorry!

Yup.. or if someone had that plastic and the clear dome ready to go, and could rivet, I could pay them for the plastic & the job and get it done quicker.. otherwise I need to remove the ramp ASAP, send off my plastic and get it back, all before the end of the year.

Basically I've made it more complicated for myself by not removing the ramp and plastic ages ago.. :(

Turned out that the yellow flasher dome on my train plastic was screwed on with tiny nuts rather than riveted, which was a nice surprise, so this is no longer needed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom