What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF Swamp Kickout help needed

Tucks

Registered
All, the ball kickout at the swamp is starting to fail. Sometimes it struggles to get the ball out over the lip and if there's more than one ball in there, no chance. I mess around with the position of the bracket (to make it more straight) and replaced the broken coil sleeve but after a while if reverts back to not enough power to push the ball up and out.

Do coils degrade with time, ie should I just install a new coil to fix? or is it the positioning of the bracket that could be wrong??? Thanks.

Does the plunger still have its black plastic piece, and does the coil sleeve have an offset flange

Reactions: DRD
yes it still has the black plunder bit on the end (although slightly curved/worn) and I put a new coil sleeve in. Not sure what an offset flange is but it has the lip at one end to stop it falling through and sticks out about a cm at the black plunger end.

Ah, no, it's the latter. So I need the one with offset then. Do I need to replace the coil as well/is it advisable? Many thanks Andy

Yes. The coil should be fine. Because the plunger passes all the way through the coil the coil needs to be mounted in brackets at both ends. If not either the coil goes off square or the plunger rubs against the mounting bracket.

Excellent. I presume the offset (lip) goes at the opposite end to where the black plunger comes out.

Andy, Will you have a stall at the Expo this weekend? If not I buy some bits from your link. Many thanks

Sorry to hear you're not at NLP Andy. I'll order from your links above. Many thanks for the advice, it is always greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom