What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold TAF swamp edge Cliffy protector

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Found this in my box of TAF bits - I don't need it.

It's the one that clips on the edge of the shooter lane where the ball drops into the swamp - to protect it/cover wear

£5 inc UK postage anyone ??

Capture.JPG

Bugger.. Missed it.....

If anyone else has one of these going, else I can see an order in to Cliffy (even with the current longer lead times i hear about)... :(

Count me in. However I don't know if a group buy would make any difference? Last time I bought something from Cliffy direct he was swamped and it took nearly 2 months.

I only need the swamp set personally.

EDIT: And generic shooter lane one to complete the full set I guess

Last edited:
Me too. I was going to order some cliffy's anyway. I can order a job lot?
Did you ever get around to ordering your Cliffys?

I need to take my Swamp apart to fit some rubbers and an LED, so figured I'd do this at the same time, although I have a full playfield protector which appears to go right up to the edges of the swamp, so not entirely sure if its needed or if it would fit easily.

Did you ever get around to ordering your Cliffys?

I need to take my Swamp apart to fit some rubbers and an LED, so figured I'd do this at the same time, although I have a full playfield protector which appears to go right up to the edges of the swamp, so not entirely sure if its needed or if it would fit easily.
I didn't - I've still got a draft email in my inbox to him! Are you going to reach out to him?

Cliffy is a legend. I wish he would let me pay him for the second set of return guides he sent me after Her Majesty's Customs office managed to completely lose the first set. He shouldn't have to eat the cost...

Just a heads up, I ended up ordering this direct from Cliffy because I had a couple of other bits I needed and thought it would complicate a group buy.

I had a think about it and from previous conversations with him I don't think I would be comfortable asking him for a discount. He works very hard, and his prices are very good (he charged me $8 for shipping), so I don't have a problem his asking prices.

He refunded me $6 yesterday - i have no idea why! Presumably the postage wasn't as much as he'd expected. Dunno - don't care. The guy's a credit to this hobby. I'd happily buy him a cold beer with that $6, just to say thanks for his stuff over the last 5yrs. All of my games have at least 1 thing from him on them.

Note it took him 7 weeks from ordering to posting, with Christmas in the middle somewhere. So a bit of lead time currently.

I agree. He said to me yesterday that he's 60 this year and always 2 months behind on work. I didn't get the sense that he was depressed, only that maybe he was burdened by expectations and demand. It doesn't help that he still makes them all himself, or that others rip off his work (he said he couldn't afford to patent them when he first started)

I did try and reassure him and said that basically he's a celebrity in pinball (everyone knows what "Cliffy" means). We had a brief chat about work/life balance etc. I hope it helped. As said before when he tells me how much he wants for what I've asked for I don't quibble it, and just pay immediately.

Like you all my 3 pins have Cliffys and I regard them as essential.

EDIT: Ok "essential" for home use is probably wrong, but I'm anal and if there's a chance a ball could chip wood or whatever I want it protected. it's a no-brainer considering the cost and hassle of playfield repairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom