What's new

TAF , part of the lighting board on backbox not working

Lee ellison

Lee9168
Put the lighting board back in the backbox and one of the wire looms has no power to it ,I checked all connections, ok , took the plug off the board and check medic voltage , the one that is working has 7 volt the one that is not working has no power at the terminals on the board , where do I start next ? .

Not sure what you mean by lighting board do you mean the white wooden board in backbox with the 6.5v ac lighting on or do you actually mean a printed circuit in actual backbox itself.

Unsure what you mean by medic voltage.

If ya mean the backbox lighting,that is powered from a connector on the driver board.
This parallels with the main playfield GI too.This should measure across the two terminals of lamp holder at approx 6.5v ac
If that I would have a good look at the connector as they are prone to burning

BTW I see you have been having various issues recently.

FIRST read up on pin wiki,then if what that says fails,ask on here.
A lot of the time that site will help fix issues without the need to ask on here

BTW I see you have been having various issues recently.

FIRST read up on pin wiki,then if what that says fails,ask on here.
A lot of the time that site will help fix issues without the need to ask on here
Thanks , yes I mean the backbox lighting , I don,t know what medic is , predictive text I guess , my lighting on backbox splits into 2feeds , one is ok this is showing 7 volts the other is showing nothing at the board , I will give details tomorrow of what connector it is and what pin is dead , lee

Hi Lee one quick way to find out if its the driver board or the wireing is to just swap the conector with the playfield conector j121 and j120 if you still get no voltage then its a problem on the board check the fuses on the bottom left part of the driver board 5amp sb and also look for burned pins and conectors

Thanks Chris , just found the fault , fuse at 108 , Looked ok , but failed continuity check , changed temp to 7.4 amp , that is all I,ve got , and works ok , I,ll have to get some 5 amp fuses , , thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom