What's new

Complete TAF, fullish rebuild

Yeh - Where's all the metal corner brackets??? The braid has to run over those to earth them...!!!

I'm putting the corner brackets over the earth , think it will look better , the earth is right near the holes so screws will catch the braiding anyway , still have to clean the corner brackets, they are quite pitted , can you get replacement ones any where ?

Getting somewhere near

Things still to do-
Clean playfield and wiring harness , temp, ( full referb later)
Polish backbox hinges and corner brackets
Fit stern corner protectors when they arrive , temp felt fitted.
Polish backbox speakers , clean speaker housing
Polish and fit brackets/hinges for lightbox board
Fit connectors to backbox speakers and light board
Fit felt to side of playfield and back of backbox hinges
Polish side rails and fit install playfield , feed wiring through to back box and reconnect all wiring , check everything
Power up and test ,

I think that just about covers it , going back to Africa on Tuesday so we,ll see what I get done before then image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wiring harnesses cleaned , one installed ( not tidied up yet) waiting for the wife to give me a lift with the playfield !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 16
Wife cut out the felt for side of playfield , and give me a lift with the playfield into the cabinet , ( no damage done) , So thanks to her , just need to finish the wiring , clean the playfield and test , some of the polishing can be done as I go through it . Might be some " what is this wire for " threads coming out soon ! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 17
Wife cut out the felt for side of playfield , and give me a lift with the playfield into the cabinet , ( no damage done) , So thanks to her , just need to finish the wiring , clean the playfield and test , some of the polishing can be done as I go through it . Might be some " what is this wire for " threads coming out soon ! ;)

I hear ya!!! Same here!!... Along with "x doesnt work... why doesnt x work... :(" threads!!

Oh not yet... but I will.... I did the complete playfield replacement too... I'm waiting to put it back together to find what I've missed or haven't wired up (Or more worryingly, what i may have wired incorrectly!!!)

The longer its left, the more difficult it is when you come to put it all back together.
And your TAF's been a while.

Good luck.

Any pic's needed give us a shout.

Lol - i was referring to Wh2o, tho as soon as that's up and running so I have something to play then TAF will be done. And I'm really not looking forward to that one (thanks Daz - may well need it!!)

Conservatory back to normal( for the time being ) machines all covered up , no more shop logs for a month , back to work for 28 days (TAF is working , but no side rails or backbox hinges on -so told the kids they cannot play on that one - bad daddy ) later , lee image.jpg

Good to see they are protected from the sun as they are in the conservatory.
Then again there not been to much sun lately.

Crackin' work, @Lee ellison! Just read your shop log cover-to-cover. Very impressed with the work you did inside the cabinet and the purple paint gets my vote! I'm looking to do exactly the same thing to my Bally Paragon. I don't fancy messing with those "cling film" decals but luckily Paragon is an old-school two-tone stencil job. This level of restoration is like custom hot rod cars. Lots of bling and shine :) Not to everyone's taste - but it'd be a dull world if we were all the same.

Last edited:
Marco s
Where did you get the covers from? May need to invest in some!
marco specialities, post was very quick , had to pay £20 Import when they arrived , but overall happy with purchase , one thing to point out they do not cover the lower cabinet fully at the back and bottom at the back of cab. , but I,m going together me mam to sew some braiding along the bottom edge so it covers all the decal and I don,t great any fading in the odd place !

@Steve has lent me a set (which shamefully i havent had chance to try yet), however those are from Marco. Looking to get some made locally, both just "covers" and some a little thicker to protect in transport..... Must start looking into that again....

:eek::cool::cool:
Crackin' work, @Lee ellison! Just read your shop log cover-to-cover. Very impressed with the work you did inside the cabinet and the purple paint gets my vote! I'm looking to do exactly the same thing to my Bally Paragon. I don't fancy messing with those "cling film" decals but luckily Paragon is an old-school two-tone stencil job. This level of restoration is like custom hot rod cars. Lots of bling and shine :) Not to everyone's taste - but it'd be a dull world if we were all the same.
thanks ,, yeh i like the bling , thinking of doing the same on my FT after this is done , got some decals coming from OZ , and that will be bright orange inside to match the bright orange on the side of the cabinet ,

Just got home and a few of the bits I was waiting on have arrived, also can,t remember where I put some of the other bits when I tidied up a month ago !:rolleyes:image.jpgimage.jpgBackk on the refurb tomorrow , don,t know where to start !

Just got home and a few of the bits I was waiting on have arrived, also can,t remember where I put some of the other bits when I tidied up a month ago !:rolleyes:View attachment 5840View attachment 5841Backk on the refurb tomorrow , don,t know where to start !

i know your pain. Bought 2x 5647-12693-21 switches about 2 months ago. Can i find them now? Can i ****.

Back
Top Bottom