What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF for sale in NW England - advice on where to advertise / sell would be appreciated.

twidds

Registered
Hi All, I've had a TAF pinball machine for 6 years now and after much nagging and a lot of fun it is time to release it back into the wild. I will be very sad to see it go. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where would be a good place to advertise / sell this work of art. I checked with eBay and there is no cap on fees (as I had been told there was) hence ditched that as an idea. Its in full working order. A Coupe of LEDs are out but plays really well. It originated from Germany given the DM coin box on the machine. I bought it 6 years ago from a dealer (Mercury Leisure) for £4k (having said that I cannot remember the exact price as a) I've told so many fibs about the price I've lost track myself b) I've lost the original receipt). Hence thats my second question ... what the heck is it worth now ?? I know that is a ridiculous question given no one has seen it but any ball park guesstimates anyone would like to offer up? Its not a gold edition but when it starts up it says Special Collectors edition and has S/W version 50038, REV LX-3. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post some pictures on here i’m Sure this will generate discussion there’s a few on here looking out for one

Why not on the forum here?

Price dependent on quality/condition of cab, playfield quality (cleanliness, wear, if clearcoated), original and clean boards, leds/extras, how heavily it was operated etc. I'd assume somewhere in 2-5k range generally depending on it being a munter right through to exceptional condition.

The s/w roms are interchangeable with the original roms for a relatively low cost if you want to. I run SCE roms in mine.

You're near to Pinball Heaven in Preston and there are a few people like @pinsinthewild who operate in Liverpool and could feasibly have a look.

Thanks @Tony

To be honest, it's probably only worth £2000 nowadays. Depreciation n' all that. I'll take it off your hands for £1500, cos I likes yer face. I'm doing you a favour.

Serious answer: All depends on condition. Got any photos handy? I'm personally looking for a pretty mint condition one, but happy to look at any TAF really.

I believe that ebay fees are 10% of final value with a max of £250, or at least they used to be. However they do special fv offers and sometimes only £1 or£3 irrespective of final sale price.

£4k 6 years ago seems a lot but maybe because you bought it off a 'dealer' :)

Ignore the over inflated one on ebay, £14k or whatever, they don't sell for that!! :)

It's interesting to hear what you paid for it 6years ago. It's probably only appreciated about 1k.
Seems pinflation isn't as extreme as it was 15 years ago.

It's interesting to hear what you paid for it 6years ago. It's probably only appreciated about 1k.
Seems pinflation isn't as extreme as it was 15 years ago.
It's more the case I think that if you buy from the likes of Liberty, HLD, etc - even today - you'd lose money trying to sell it on here or eBay.

£4k sounds outrageous 6 years ago, but if it came with a warranty and that was important to the OP and/or he used it, then maybe not.

It's not in my best interest to point it out :) - but eBay are doing a "Max £3 Final Value Fee" deal as mentioned above that runs out today - try this link: https://srv.main.ebayrtm.com/clk?RtmClk&m=736104&lid=2755723

You overpaid for it back then, but an Addams will sell well on here.

Assuming it is fundamentally sound and plays ok, 4k to 5.5k depending on condition.

Here are some photographs. I guessed I had over paid 6 years ago but I had wanted one for years so 'took the hit'. I'd like £4500 now to recoup that and prove to my wife (she says she is my carer) that I at least got back what I paid for it :) ... would need collecting too I'm afraid ! I will attach some images I've just take of the play field which I cut in 3 so they are reasonably decent quality to zoom in on. Thanks for all the other advice etc. MUCH appreciated. Will post up addiotnal images in a minute once my onedrive has sync'd u
20180716_115253.jpg
bly easy to zoom in on.
20180716_115241.jpg
20180716_115230.jpg

I'd say that was a very nice look TAF personally, easily sell for what your asking.

Hopefully that is enough photos for you folks ... and I hope I have not annoyed anyone posting them like that !

+1

I'm interested, but Liverpool is a hell of a trek for me from Bath so if I was going to drive up (or get Martin to collect) I'd want to make sure collection is a formality.

+1

I'm interested, but Liverpool is a hell of a trek for me from Bath so if I was going to drive up (or get Martin to collect) I'd want to make sure collection is a formality.

Yeah it is a trek and a half. Wife and I are away for a week in July and in August but Daughter and/or sons (all 21+) would be here. Otherwise early Sept. I would not want anyone coming a long way either and finding X was not right or Y was wrong with it. It plays fine and it had a new mother board a couple of years ago but my knowledge is limited technically as I bought it as a pure pleasure thing. All I help with for people who know about these things is .... well here it is, take a look and play. I'm a S/W engineer and the electronic bits, wires n all that stuff aren't really my bag and I'd be mortified if I wasted someone's time. I've posted up some pictures of the back boards too now (took me a few minutes to work out how to even do that!).

I can't quite make up what's happening around Fester's hole. Is it a protection of some form i can see or is it wear?

Fester's hole (ooer) - if you mean the chair hole - looks like some circular protector. I've never seen one like that before, but shrug

Personally not a massive fan of Rottendog boards - but if it is working, it's working. The flipper button & lockdown wear would give me pause for thought, if I'm honest.

That said, I agree with what has been said above - TAFs have been selling for that sort of money on eBay so should be no problem getting it.

Not sure 100% where you mean. Is that what I call the front entrance to the swamp?
No sorry i meant the hole on the left under the chair.
As durzel said it looks like a circular protection but i have never seen one like that before. This hole gets battered and needs protection. So it is good that it has one. ???

Back
Top Bottom