What's new

TAF earthing problem

shaunyboy

Registered
sometimes when playing,the siderails and lockdown bar feel like there is electricity running through them.
obviously i don't want to electrocute one of the kids.
someone has painted all of the inside of the cab black,they have painted over all the earth braid.
would i be best buying new stuff and redoing it all.
some of it looks a bit dodgy to me.
i'll get some pics up tomorrow as it's not in my house whilst my kitchen is being ripped out and thats where it's going.

You need to make sure all areas where it should be earthed are earthed. Also make sure that every part is running an earth fron the plug to the switch box to the braid.

Had this before on a Data East Star Wars and the earth was missing from the kettle lead, i tested the full earthing and then whilst scratching my head tested the lead.

i had it brought over from spain.
it has the euro 2 pin plug on it,i've got that plugged into a uk adapter.could that be it?.
if i cut the plug off the end will it have 3 wires in the cable or only 2?.
i'll take my camera round there and get some pics up.
thanks,
shaun.

I would check that adaptor if I were you - there should be 3 wires in your cable but if the adapter is designed for 2 wire cables like shavers etc the earth won't be getting though. Easiest way to check is to meter out for continuity between the earth pin of the adaptor and the rails of the TAF.

You should be able to use a meter and buzz continuity all the way from the plug earth pin to the lockdown bar mech, siderails etc etc Personally i'd buzz through from the plug to the power box, and then buzz from the power box to all relevant earth points in the machine (and anything metal basically!)

My TAF is also hard wired with no kettle lead.

Addams and Getaway were the two games where WMS started using plug-in leads, so early production did have fixed leads (and that black plastic housing which a U.K. mains plug always falls out of when the cabinet is stood upright).

Addams and Getaway were the two games where WMS started using plug-in leads, so early production did have fixed leads (and that black plastic housing which a U.K. mains plug always falls out of when the cabinet is stood upright).

Oh yes, mine does that too. I aways worry that the wire is going to get pretty mashed up so if there is a later version for TAF then I might look into a retro fit.

Back
Top Bottom