What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF bookcase problem advice?

Martin.D

Registered
Alias
No-Clu
After recent league meeting my TAF develop developed fault with bookcase. Will not open or close.

After looking up this problem online found: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-bookcase-not-working post

I have check motor with 12v DC 2.2amp PSU and working ok.
Checked continuity between J122-5 and motor ok, but can not get continuity between J122-3 and motor.
Tested DC volage running bookcase test 11.53 to 14.11v, but can not seem to get amp reading.
Running amp reading with 12v DC 2.2amp PSU and get 1.1 to 1.3a draw.

Advice and action to take?

There is a small motor control board, it’s screwed to the underside of the PF right at the back and a bit of a PITA to access. On
My TAF the wiring loops through a connector on this board, I dislodged the loop through wire when changing some lamps, I’d check all is good there.

Chris.

Sorry mine was things hand, think the motor board for the bookcase is located nearer the bookcase mech.

I think this one
IMG_8095.jpeg

Yes motor EMI board connectors on J1 & J2 loose. Side to Side movement. Unplugged and plugged in again. Seem ok now.
Any suggestions how to keep connectors from moving or tighten connection to pins?
Thanks again for advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom