What's new

TAF - ball sticking pre thing hole, am I doing it wrong??

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
image.jpg

What's going on here?

The metal guide could be too high?
Could remove the very small rubber off the post, but then that exposes the sharp metal edges.

Advice appreciated.

Note - there is a makrolon playfield protector on this game, but it doesn't come into contact with this area, so not to blame in my opinion.

never had a ball stuck there before...just checked mine and the guide is in adifferent place, lower and slightly to the right.

It looks to me the wire guide has moved, it might be the photo , but is the left side of the wire positioned in the hole or has the hole elongated . The wire should sit flush on top of playfield . Mine all looks to be in similar position but ball has never got stuck there image.jpgimage.jpg have you got big balls , no innuendo intended, look at the space I have got I between the 2items

Hmmm, my balls do appear to be rather massive don't they, but hopefully it's just some perspective issues in this case.

Anyway, I'm going to remove the entire ramp today as switch 65 is being intermittent, so with that out I can have a better look. I'm thinking the wire rail has lifted a little meaning it touches the ball higher up. Might mean removing it, giving it a bend or something, then replacing and testing.

I also notice your playfield does NOT have the extra spurious post hole just below the thing kickout. Not that it's anything to do with this problem, just a minor difference.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes on looking again it looks like yr wire form is in the wrong place or has moved, on mine if you look at the wire form it has approx Hal, half either side of the metal guide rail , on yrs it seams more of the wire form is sticking out towards the hole

• There is definitely a difference between the two pictures, the guide wire on Paul's machine is more over thus narrowing the gap.

The black ring of the artwork is different too...not that its any help!

Turns out the wire guide was the problem.

The wire wasn't bent correctly going into the hole shown in the right of this photo - nearest the Thing hole. It's still not flush but works with plenty of space to allow the ball through and I've refitted a fatter rubber on the post (shown top).

image.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom