What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF and LED inserts

MartinY

Registered
Hi all

I've put in Pinball-led's Premium 2 LED inserts into my TAF (not GI). I'm getting ghosting on a few of the LEDs (I thought buying the premium 2 would avoid this).

What's the best option (balancing cost efficiency and best outcome) to resolve? OCD LED board or a TAF ROM upgrade to include the non-ghosting code? Presumably the latter from a cost point of view, but does anyone know where I can get the ROM from? OCD LED state that any old LED will do if you use their board, so presumably it wasn't worth buying premium LEDs if I go for the board?

Thanks all!

Hi all

I've put in Pinball-led's Premium 2 LED inserts into my TAF (not GI). I'm getting ghosting on a few of the LEDs (I thought buying the premium 2 would avoid this).

What's the best option (balancing cost efficiency and best outcome) to resolve? OCD LED board or a TAF ROM upgrade to include the non-ghosting code? Presumably the latter from a cost point of view, but does anyone know where I can get the ROM from? OCD LED state that any old LED will do if you use their board, so presumably it wasn't worth buying premium LEDs if I go for the board?

Thanks all!
All true, get patched roms. MUCH cheaper. But more blinky & bright.

Would've thought the absolute cheapest option would be to have a moan at Pinball-LED and see if you can get non-ghosting LEDs, particularly as they are sold as such: http://www.pinball-led.co.uk/shop/4587697740/premium-2-smd-playfield-insert-kits-(o---z)/9179744

Besides that, updated ROM (no idea why this would fix the problem though?) and LED OCD board are the other options, in cost order. Cheapest place I've seen you can buy the LED OCD board from is Comet Pinball, the Euro suppliers pull your pants down sadly. The LED OCD board would have the added benefit of making your LEDs work more like incandescents, if that's your bag.

Back
Top Bottom