What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available TAF 20yr HUO and stored most of that time.

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Ok guys things a bit mad here ATM but I have just acquired a very nice Adams pin from a close friend that I initially intended to keep, however an opportunity has arose and I now need to recoup most of my initial outlay.
I did intend to use this pin for NERG next year so I’m testing the water to see if anyone has a project or something around the 1-2k mark that can work on, do a little magic with it and use as a replacement.

I’m not in a great rush to move it on and it lets me and Gabe enjoy it for the time being and I also intend doing a bling protector set for it whilst in my possession.

I may possibly have a buyer already for 5k but as he doesn’t want to part with any of his pins ATM I’m trying my luck here until Feb then will put up for sale at the aforementioned if the sale falls through.

History of the pin.
The pin has been in my mates possession over 10yr and he acquired it from his friends wife when his mate sadly passed away.(a well known local jeweller)
In the 10yr his mate owned it, it was kept in his snooker room in the basement after he acquired It from local operator on the local coast way back in the late 90s.
Whilst in my mates possession he only played it for a few months before putting it into storage for almost 9yr and only recently pulled it back out a couple of months ago. Unfortunately it still had the original batteries installed and the obvious damage ensued when he tried to switch it on.
He rang for help but being full of my own projects and lack of space I put him in touch with our very own ChrisB who I always recommend if jobs get a little too much for myself.
Chris has done a nice mini-shop fitted new board/s ribbons, ColourDMD, targets ect ect. Although by no means a ChrisB minty he got everything hunky dory, ship shape and looking very nice.

Quick rundown till after the year when I get some free time to inspect closely and post lots of pics.

Nice PF with no obvious mansion insert wear that I can see. It does however have the normal chair/swamp wear & spot above things skill shot
Nice original cab with only a couple of problem spots but nothing too nasty.
Ramps initially look great as do all the plastics.
Flippers have been rebuild and all looks nice under the PF
ColourDMD LED ver which IMO suits the pin over the LCD version
Full LED except flashers which brightens up the table nicely.
I’m assuming Rubbers and balls have been replaced as they look new
New legs, bolts and leg protectors/levellers.
It also looks like all the targets have been replaced and maybe more but I’ll check if Chris remembers exactly which may be tricky as so many seem to go through his capable hands.
Since getting back from Chris several weeks ago it has done a few doz games at most and as his wife was annoyed by the whole look sound and space it has taken up in the house has decided to let me be the new custodian rather than returning it back to storage for another decade.

My honest take? I’ve personally owned several TAFs over the years inc a mint TAFG as well as playing many more on site and at shows. This is a lot better than the usual nasty 30yr hammered stuff that I’ve seen go for well over 4K+ Im loathed to let this go on the bay and it would be great to keep in the community just for its long history.

Pics to follow but a quick delivery pic as I installed balls to test.

Col

78F36630-A66A-465A-B3A7-54AACD3B9BD2.jpeg

So guys I’m kinda mad busy ATM filling in Ski Lessons for a friend who has managed to get a couple of weeks off over the festive period. I am not ignoring any PMs I just can’t answer them till later in the day so I will get to everyone eventually and all will return to normal in a week or so.

I have already had quite a few offers of trades but the pins seem to be higher end examples exceeding the 2k max. I’d prefer something player condition I can do a little work on or bling up with my own fluorescent protectors and topper.

So just to reiterate I am basing the TAF on being a 5k sale or offers near to that so offset your pin against this amount.
Ie. if you consider yours to be worth 1.5k I would need the balance of 3.5k in cash/xfer.

Thx Col

Now traded with a mate for his HS2 which I’ll be moving on once the deal is done

Back
Top Bottom