What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T 2 Solenoid problem

robtherich

Registered
Guys i have a problem with some of the solenoids not working on my T2, after testing them 10 are working 7 are not
the ones not working are
Plunger T4.09 Brown / blue - violet / green
top lock T4.10 Brown / red - violet /green
know down T4.12 Brown / yellow - violet / green
left jet T4.13 Brown / green - violet / green
right jet T4.14 Brown / Blue - violet / green
bottom jet T4.15 Brown / violet - violet / green
left lock T4.16 Brown / grey - violet / green

Fuses all look ok and J connectors pushed in and all connections to the solenoids look fine so i wonder what should i try next
many thanks
Rob

thank you Sgt GrizZ
is it ok to check fuses with a continuity tester while attached to the board or could that cause further problems?
Rob

That big resistor to the right of the fuses looks like it has a chunk out of it.

Yes F104 is fine but doesn't appear to be a slow blow
103's value is 5A , 250V 313 not sure what the 313 means
am i right in thinking that it is a slow blow/ time delay fuse due to the coiled wire withinIMG_8311.JPG

Is a coil locking on before the fuse blows?

Back to that big Resistor R224 what's that gunge on the Transistor tabs below it.

Is a coil locking on before the fuse blows?

Back to that big Resistor R224 what's that gunge on the Transistor tabs below it.[/QUOTE

not sure about the coil locking on... the fuse went about 2 seconds after power up, was hoping to test the solenoids one by one but didn't have time.

The transistor blew some time ago maybe even before i bought the table i only noticed it after but the grunge i think is the chalky material from within the resistor[/QUOTE]

No good , replaced F103 with a 5A slow blow but it blows again soon after start up ;-(

OK. Though manual states that F103 and F104 should be 3a Slow Blow.

Its still blowing tho so there is a problem.

I'm wondering if the manual however is wrong ?? - not unusual at all on these games - I wonder if F103 and F104 are actually the other way round.

Manual states that F103 is Solenoids 25-28 , and F104 is Sol 9 -16

Just to see if they are the other way round remove F104 and see if Sol 25 - 28 still work in test

T2 solenoids.JPG

T2 fuses.JPG

Manual states that F103 is Solenoids 25-28 , and F104 is Sol 9 -16

Just to see if they are the other way round remove F104 and see if Sol 25 - 28 still work in test

in my manual solenoid locations 17-28 are flashlamps though when i cycle through the solenoid test it jumps from 16 to 28 which is the drop target solenoid however when f104 is removed this no longer works

there must be more than one manual in circulation i don't have that very helpful fuse list anywhere in mine :-(

in my manual solenoid locations 17-28 are flashlamps though when i cycle through the solenoid test it jumps from 16 to 28 which is the drop target solenoid however when f104 is removed this no longer works
Yeah that's normal. They list them in solenoid table but they are in flasher test.

Drop target operation seems to confirm then that F103 and F104 are reverse of what manual states.

So you have a problem with one of those low power solenoids. A short, or bad fried coil etc.

You mentioned a blown transistor?? Which one....? It will have a Q number by it on the board

i think the transistors are ok ,,it was mentioned because R224 had deposited some chalky residue over a couple of them though that ( R224 ) may in itself be causing problems

Last edited:
OK here's a shot in the dark but worth checking

I shopped a T2 for someone a couple years ago ...... Solenoid 12 is a small coil situated near the drop target which when activated 'Knocks down' the target. Now there is a flashlamp *really* close to that coil. On this machine the flashlamp body or lug and coil lug were touching and causing fuse to blow.

Lift playfield and have a check of yours. You never know.

all appears ok with solenoid 12 i tried disconnecting it as well to see if the fuse still blows and it does
checked the other coils that are not working and they read
09 plunger 4.1 ohms
10 top lock 14.1
12 knock down 4.9
13 left jet 10.9
14 right jet 10.6
15 bottom jet 10.8
16 left lock 14.2

Have you tried disconnecting all of the solenoids from the board and seeing if the fuse still blows then? It will at least tell you whether it's a board or playfield problem.

Have you tried disconnecting all of the solenoids from the board and seeing if the fuse still blows then? It will at least tell you whether it's a board or playfield problem.
excuse my ignorance but does that require desoldering the coils or can the harness be disconnected from the board in the top cabinet ?

Back
Top Bottom