What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System 11 slingshot mechs ?

DRD

Registered
The slings on my banzai have always been crap. I spotted that one had the incorrect plunger in it, it was too long so restricted the extent of movement.

When I look at the mechs, they are not the same as in my whirlwind.

Are these wrong ? I ask as there isn't enough space to put a washer between the spring clip and the plastic link which is how these things usually go together. The axle the plastic link sits on is also much longer on banzai than I am used to seeing ...

Banzai .....
image.jpeg

Whirlwind ....

image.jpeg

Does banzai need a slimmer plastic link so I can squeeze a washer in ?, or is the kicker arm with the long axle wrong ?

Thanks

That blue link doesn't look right - it looks as if the spring clip could be binding against the link. The longer mounting axle is a leftover from the days of 'Special' switches being used for slingshots; the extra would've pushed the scoring switch open when the linkage was at rest.

Reactions: DRD
The blue link is a new one from pin heaven, I bought 2x new plungers and links. I replaced both of the crap ones in banzai - one plunger was too long. The other plunger was old/ pitted/ bit mushroomed. So i wanted a matching pair.

The new blue links are slightly thicker than the old w logo grey ones that I took out

BUT the new pin heaven ones worked fine in my fish tales, with space for the washer next to the spring clip

If need be I could put the old skinny links on my new plungers, but both old links are quite worn

image.jpg

I am wondering whether the grey skinny links need to be paired up with the old style kicker arm that @Jay Walker refers to

Are these any better. I think i got them a few years back when i bought a guy out.
lenght of steel plunger is 52mm. Plunger dia is 11mm. Hole centers on black plastic link approx 22mm. Plastic thickness 3mm. Large hole dia approx 6.65mm

Attachments

• IMG_8848.JPG
    IMG_8848.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: DRD
Thank you Ken, very kind

I think I may have cracked this. I had been putting off my scared stiff refurb, but have this week bitten the bullet. I had some fancy repro slingshot arms from the usa in stock, the game was designed for these but they were removed as a late cost cutting measure. I have just fitted these ...

image.jpeg
This has in turn liberated the stock arms that originally came with this game.

Hopefully the standard ones I have removed from scared stiff will fit banzai.

D

Swapping in the original scared stiff kicker arms cured this. For the first time, banzai now has proper slingshots. The performance is transformed.

Thanks for the tips

Back
Top Bottom