What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted System 11 MPU board for Taxi

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hi group

Remember those 2 mullered pins Pinball heaven were selling a couple of months back. The Taxi and Highspeed?
Well I've tracked the new owner down whose refurbing them. He's agreed to sell them to me when he's done so I'm helping him source parts. Hence my other wanted posts.

He reckons the MPU board is toast. My knowledge on such things is nil! So would any system 11 board work or does it need to be a board from another Taxi?

Any advice gratefully received
Regards

Gaz

Taxi is a System 11B game, any Sys 11B CPU board will work (with right ROMS of course) - I also believe System 11A boards will work in it.

Check ipdb for games list.

Or there are now new repro boards available, not cheap tho but tbh you will likely pay 100+ for a working 11B board anyway.

Cheers Mate. It maybe repairable, only problem is I'm not in possession of the machine:-(

Rottendog replacement boards for system 11 are great....bought one recently for my Gameshow.Kinda pricey but worth it in the long run if your gonna keep hold of the machine for a while.

Thanks jumbosinbad!! If you don't mind me asking!! How much was it? Have now found out it needs a new display as well. This is getting pricey!!

Yep - but when a decent 11b cpu board comes up on ebay say ...which is not often these days ...people are often asking 125+ for them. Sooooooo ....for the assurance of a new bulletproof board, its maybe not as bad as it first seems.

I'm just glad they are available - will save a few more games.

Oh well, it is what it is! Like you say it's just nice that the option for a new one is there.

I agree it's alot of money but what was worse for me was i had sent my original board off for repairs (u27 rom failure) at a cost of £60 and it failed after having it back for 2 days! So, if you want the game up and running and want it to last..get the Rottendog.

Back
Top Bottom