What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

switch matrix, columns ect

RudeDogg1

Site Supporter
10 Years
Hi guys,
Bsd is now back together minus 1 star post ive some how managed to loose..... anyhoo. None of the optos are working and a couple switches, Im assuming they are all on the same column. I had a similar prob when i first had the machine when i striped the pf top and bottom and that was a wire off. I cant see anything obvious. Now im slightly dyslexic which makes it hard for me how to work out the switch matrix ect. Would someone be kind enough to explain how you work out the switch matrix or where I should be testing please? The switches that are out are as follows:

21, Slam tilt.
51, opto top right.
52, opto magnet left top pkt.
53, opto castle 1.
54, opto castle 2.
55, opto wire ramp popper.
56, opto crypt popper.
57, opto castle 3.
68, left 3 bank bottom.
71, opto castle popper.
72, opto coffin popper.
73, opto left ramp entry

Its all in the switch number:)

The first digit is the column and the second is the row.
There are eight columns and eight rows.

e.g. switch 21 is column 2 row 1

So at first glance at your list, column 5 seems suspect although row 8 (switch 58) is not listed as out !?

good luck

Just had a quick look at the schematic ...

AS all of the optos are out, check the supply to the 10switch opto board ...

power board connector J118 pin 3 Black wire to opto board J3 pin1 (Ground)
power board connector J118 pin 2 Grey-Yellow wire to opto board J3 pin 2 (+12V)

If not above, check connections at cpu connector J207 pins 5 and 7

Last edited:
I expect 58 was out Id forgotten to test that one.

Well it was an easy fix first thing i did was check the backbox and J118 was not connected the connector had got caught up in the loom so I never even saw it to connect it. Ha I love them kind of fixes

Back
Top Bottom