What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swavesey 2021 - Date Announced

Pinballsurgery

Registered
Alias
Dr Pinball
Earlier announcement this year as I'm guessing that folk may like something to look forward to.

We obviously will only operate within the prevailing rules and guidelines because keeping everyone safe is always the priority.

All are welcome to join the usual folk who help and assist (thanks are on the site along with info https://sites.google.com/site/swaveseypinball/).

Table lists and the charity will be announced later but as usual all are welcome. We are laid back and friendly, the UK Cup will be on the Sunday as usual for those who are into the thrill of the competition.

If you want to loan a table sing out and become a legend in your own time 🤣👍

A pinball event just down the road from me? Of course I'm coming! :D

I can bring whatever I own at the time - can only fit one in the car though (assuming I'm not bringing the kids).

Oh and since the dates don't seem to be written on this thread, here they are from the website:

The show dates for the 15th Swavesey show are the evening of Friday July the 2nd to late afternoon of the Sunday the 4th of July 2021

I'm thinking of booking into the Ramada, a 45min walk into Swavesey might be ok going in, but walking back after a few drinks and late isn't always fun.
Could drive but would be nice to drink!

Taxi seems a good option and can share if others are staying in the same place 😊

Sure, whatever works best 👍🏼 It was MIND who asked us to try to use Just Giving so hopefully they have an understanding with them. Or perhaps it's because there are tax advantages on the Gift Aid side of things that outweigh the charges? Whichever way the charity benefits and that's the main thing.

I'm hoping to come but depends on work. Might be a last minute travel lodge booking!

Sure, whatever works best 👍🏼 It was MIND who asked us to try to use Just Giving so hopefully they have an understanding with them. Or perhaps it's because there are tax advantages on the Gift Aid side of things that outweigh the charges? Whichever way the charity benefits and that's the main thing.
Thats good, Id much prefare to make my donation in money form on the day. Very much looking forward to this! 😊

Hi All,

Just a heads up, if the government decide to extend the lockdown restrictions and it impacts the Swavesey weekend I’m afraid that we will be forced to cancel the event. With only 6 from two households allowed indoors, table service and the other measures it’s going to make things impractical. So for those that have hotel and van booking it would be a good move to watch the news over the next few days.

Sorry to be gloomy but forewarned is forearmed :confused:

Hi All,

Just a heads up, if the government decide to extend the lockdown restrictions and it impacts the Swavesey weekend I’m afraid that we will be forced to cancel the event. With only 6 from two households allowed indoors, table service and the other measures it’s going to make things impractical. So for those that have hotel and van booking it would be a good move to watch the news over the next few days.

Sorry to be gloomy but forewarned is forearmed :confused:
Screw that, I'm coming anyway, event or not! I'll see you for a pint or two at the very least! Hahahahaha!

(No hugs, all socially distanced of course!)

Back
Top Bottom