What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swavesey 2012 ...who's in ??

Brewdog asked me to put one in but I couldn't be ****d.

Didn't know about the NF. Seem to have started a bit of a trend. Is there a DE Star Wars around somewhere as well?

before I drive down to Nottingham today

You've been in my part of the world today
smile-1.png
Have you got some pins down here somewhere or just come to see the Olympic torch?

Alan Syson 2' date=' post: 1694992 said:
Brewdog asked me to put one in but I couldn't be ****d.

Didn't know about the NF. Seem to have started a bit of a trend. Is there a DE Star Wars around somewhere as well?

Good trend to start, the more pins the beter!There's a Star war trilogy down at the Dog& Parrot, I think Jonathan is mates with the landlord.

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1694995 said:
You've been in my part of the world today
smile-1.png
Have you got some pins down here somewhere or just come to see the Olympic torch?

Folks live in Ilkeston & sister's over from Singapore. Thought I'd break the journey up.

Thory' date=' post: 1694997 said:
Good trend to start, the more pins the beter!There's a Star war trilogy down at the Dog& Parrot, I think Jonathan is mates with the landlord.

Not so sure. Fooking my takings up :-(

Isn't Dog & Parrot an "alternative" bar? (PC brigade get ****ed off when you say queer)

Alan Syson 2' date=' post: 1695002 said:
Not so sure. Fooking my takings up :-(

Isn't Dog & Parrot an "alternative" bar? (PC brigade get ****ed off when you say queer)

How do you know where the Gay Bar's are ? Ducky.
wink-1.png

It got me sharing a double bed with Poi in Worthing. Thanks Daz, you said it worked for you.

Shame I am not going to get to Swavesey this year (again) would have been good to catch up.

Have fun ya all and keep a eye out for that lone stranger half naked walking from the shower dragging his balls on the floor while smoking his tab and looking pretty rough from the night before.

replicas' date=' post: 1695026 said:
Shame I am not going to get to Swavesey this year (again) would have been good to catch up.

Have fun ya all and keep a eye out for that lone stranger half naked walking from the shower dragging his balls on the floor while smoking his tab and looking pretty rough from the night before.

Ha ha. HQ2. Believe Grizz has the photos. Tho' there was a perfectly good explanation.

No one has posted a follow up on here....

That was a great meet. My missus really enjoyed it, or enjoyed Indiana Jones but that is still a fantastic result.

Good to meet up with those I did (Ive, Will and Chris), nice to put a face to Rav, Stan and Matt. Shame I missed a hello to Alan and POIBUG.

A great, relaxed meet up but it was easy to lose a lot of money if you are not so good.
wink-1.png

Swavesey was awesome as always
biggrin-1.png
Good to see everyone and play/talk pinball. I had a shocker in the tourney but there's always next time!

GrizZ report incoming

I look forward to giving it a read
smile-1.png

Thanks to those who made it happen - great weekend, great people, great pinball. Well done Mr Squires et al.

Mark

Another awesome Swavesey passes into the annals of pinball history
biggrin-1.png

I was up there from Friday lunchtime thru to Sunday 6pm - phew ! An epic marathon of pinball, chat and beer ...quite a lot of beer ... liver and wallet suitably abused .

Most important news in case you didn't see the post on UKPinball was that the final total amount raised for the 2 charities was a whopping £1485 !!! Smashing the previous record. AWESOME - thats a lot of 50ps in the games.

Details here ......

East Anglian Childrens Hospice

British Heart Foundation

I'm not surprised as Saturday especially seemed busier this year and most games were being battered constantly all day and well into the evening. Dirty Harry deserves a good long rest after the Slam and now Swavesey. I have left him with Mark for some R&R.

It was cool to see some new faces there , and to see some of the pinballinfo troops making the journey ..... Calimori, ronsplooter, Gaz Shiels, teachp8, Simon Wallis(?), and others I'm sure - memory a bit hazy. As well as the usual old guard.

As for some of the games .....

Escape From The lost World - loved it, love the look and sounds of it and finally understand what is going on.

Gins N Roses - awesome as ever

8 Ball Deluxe - great but rock hard

Johnny Mnemonic - nice to get to play it a bit properly and get my head round it. Liked it so much I accidentally brought it home
wink-1.png

Spiderman - finally decided I dont enjoy this title.

AFM - great but Stans tinkering meant it was brutal to play.

Theatre - still hate it

Devils Dare - sweet to see and play one, and witness Andy bringing it back to life over a few hours on Friday.

Oh and smashing the hi score on Night Moves made my weekend ...nearly 13 million ....boom ! :cool: Witnessed late on Friday evening by Mark and Andy. The locals in the bar giving us funny looks as we high fived, shouted screamed and danced around the game in celebration.

The annual ride in the Dudemobile, driven by Richy 'The Dude' Wade, was as fun/frightening as ever ...closest I ever get to being in Waynes World singing along to full volume Zep
biggrin-1.png

Pinball Cup was fun as always, pleased to get to quarter finals - where yet again Greg Mott sent me packing on IJ ....grrrr ...I'll get you one day Motty.

And the sun shone for most of the time, and we got the bbq on sunday. Top weekend.

Might have a few pics I'll throw up later.

Chiz

GrizZ

Could only make Sunday but had a great day too.

Thought there was a great range of machines. Gotta agree with GrizZ on the Spiderman tho. Can see why there are a lot of 'stern bashers'. It had very plastic/flimsy feel to it.

Loved AFM. Brought back fond memories. Guess I'm like everyone else and want one now......

Mrs loved IJ. Mainly because she beat me every time :mad: She wants me to get this now......

As a newb it was a welcoming atmosphere and that total raised is excellent.

A few pics

Orgnaniser Mark Squires moving EFTLW guerilla style[attachment=969:DSCF1041.JPG]

guns ...pinballs with guns :cool:

[attachment=970:DSCF1044.JPG]

Legend working his voodoo on Devils Dare

[attachment=971:DSCF1053.JPG]

[attachment=972:DSCF1060.JPG]

[attachment=973:DSCF1069.JPG]

Rav , Calimori and Mrs Calimori talk pin in the sun

[attachment=974:DSCF1086.JPG]

Richey 'Dude' Wade and Sgt GrizZ prepare to take a trip in the Dudemobile :cool: Party on !!
biggrin-1.png

[attachment=975:DSCF1090.JPG]

Unfortunately due to working 3 weeks without a day off then declaring to Mrs Shiells that my first rest day was to be spent at Swavesey, didn't go down massively well, so was only able to put in a meagre appearance for an hour or so.

However it was a good hour and spent mostly on GnR which is awesome.

I totally get what people say about the chilled out vibe. I could have easily spent the weekend there, drinking and shooting some pinball. Next year it's a definate for me.

Nice to see Grizz and Poi again also got to meet Gary Flower and Andy the legend!!

The experience has inspired Simon Wallis and I to consider a similar event in Ipswich. Along the lines of Pinferno in NYC. A small gathering in a skate shop. If you haven't seen pinferno, checkout the vids on youtube.

Still early days, only a thought at the moment. I think I might put a poll out on here to gauge interest first. Don't want to saturate the market so to speak!

Thanks to everyone who helped organise Swavesey and donate pins. It's a really cool event and for a great cause.

Gaz

I made it to Swavesey for the first time on Saturday afternoon, thanks to a lift from Mark P (teachp8). I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and as usual I spent far too much time just playing the marvellous selection of pins, and nowhere enough time chatting to the other people who were there. Sorry chaps! :oops:

The Eight Ball Deluxe was my favourite game, even though it was set up frustratingly hard. :mad:

To Mark Squires, and to everyone else who helped organise this great event, a big thank you!

Gaz Shiells' date=' post: 1695214 said:
The experience has inspired Simon Wallis and I to consider a similar event in Ipswich. Along the lines of Pinferno in NYC. A small gathering in a skate shop. If you haven't seen pinferno, checkout the vids on youtube.

Still early days, only a thought at the moment. I think I might put a poll out on here to gauge interest first. Don't want to saturate the market so to speak!

Gaz

Awesome ! Do it :cool:

I TiltAlot' date=' post: 1695219 said:
I made it to Swavesey for the first time on Saturday afternoon, thanks to a lift from Mark P (teachp8). I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and as usual I spent far too much time just playing the marvellous selection of pins, and nowhere enough time chatting to the other people who were there. Sorry chaps! :oops:

The Eight Ball Deluxe was my favourite game, even though it was set up frustratingly hard. :mad:

To Mark Squires, and to everyone else who helped organise this great event, a big thank you!

I too struggled to score more than 600-800,000 on the 8bD. Played it the most of anything else. Whilst packing Devils Dare , I glanced over to see 3 year old Alfie , racking up a score in excess of 1million. He's one to watch for the future.

Back
Top Bottom