What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swavesey 2012 ...who's in ??

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Still a month away but I've just given Dirty Harry a quick pitstop inbetween Slam and Swavesey - headed that way this weekend so am gonna take the opportunity to drop it off now at GrizZ Mums house which is nearby
smile-1.png

View attachment 1016

And yes I will put some legs on it
wink-1.png

Who else will be making an appearance ?

If you haven't been before - its basically a fun, laid back weekend affair -village pub with great ales and pinball machines, pool table, bar billiards. Pins are on 50p play which all goes to charidee. Couple fun hi score tourneys and Pinball Cup comp.

https://sites.google.com/site/swaveseypinball/

I believe the UK Pinball Cup is on the Sunday as usual, not the Sat as the website currently shows.

I'l be there, definitely whichever day the Pinball Cup is and maybe the other day as well. Not sure yet as I've not got a hotel sorted so will have to drive there and back both days....no beer for me
sad-1.png

Is anyone passing Leeds on their way? Got a sttng wire form which needs collecting from Andrew Stockdale and would be eternally grateful if someone could collect and deliver to swavesey. Beer tokens naturally await!!

I'll be there!! Hoping to find digs this year so i can enjoy a few jars along the way!!

You're leaving it awfully late for dig's if you haven't any yet...undefined

I'm looking forward to playing DH already...undefined thanks Ive! undefined

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1694042 said:
I'l be there, definitely whichever day the Pinball Cup is and maybe the other day as well. Not sure yet as I've not got a hotel sorted so will have to drive there and back both days....no beer for me
sad-1.png

OK - looks like Pinball Cup is SUNDAY as usual
smile-1.png
Mark has updated website

I will be going on Sunday, trying to get out of a family thing on Saturday but it is not looking likely.

Can we wear name badges or some indication of who we are from this site so it is easier to say hello? Or introduce yourself to GrizZ and I will track him down like the Slam.
wink-1.png

I'll be there Sat pm. Can't make it on Friday this year which is a shame but can join in the fun and games on Sat and Sun. If Mark is on here and needs another pin brought along, I can bring one but it won't be with you until about 2.00 p.m. on the Sat. If the line up is complete already - then all is well in the world!
smile-1.png

cant wait,top beer and Night Moves:eek:

If anyone is knackered for digs,there may a one half of a twin room avail

i can't make it this year, but if anyone is looking for accommodation, i recommend the place i stayed last year, the Prince Of Wales, which is rooms above a pub in Hilton.

http://www.toprooms.com/hotel/uk/ca...rch=0&adults=2&issearchformaccommodation=True

the landlord is also pin-friendly, i saw him a few weeks later in Daventry at the Party after i'd told him about it. i was playing when he tapped me on the shoulder - i spent a while trying to place him, then the penny dropped. top bloke, he even drove me to the venue just to be nice.

i got back there late one night and stayed up drinking with his mates.

I can now make Friday as well and may be able to swap Sunday for Saturday.

What days are people going to be there?

I definitely gonna be there on Sunday for the Pinball Cup and I'm going to try and make Saturday as well....not 100% on that yet though.

Do I have to bring a bag full of change or are they mechanisms to deal with that sort of thing?

Mark Squires can sort ya out change but always a good idea to bring some change if ya can

see ya there

I'm about all weekend.

Yeah - after a while there is plenty of change in the machines which Mark can swap out, but initially it helps to bring a bag of £1's and 50p's
wink-1.png

I never do mind
rolleyes-1.gif
....but hey never follow my example with anything.

Wish I could go, looks a cracking do. Ales and pins are a winning combination, have a good one lads.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1694953 said:
Oh ....just realised I forgot to get some #89 flashers and Dirty Harry needs a couple....... prob be some knocking about there, but could someone chuck a couple in a bag for me and bring along to Swaves .

Thanks troops

Legend is there don't forget - I have asked him to bring some bits already

You can always rely on Alan for any change (£1 coins) at ANY pinball event.

replicas' date=' post: 1694967 said:
You can always rely on Alan for any change (£1 coins) at ANY pinball event.

Alan, so I know how to recognise you, do you always dress like your avatar?
wink-1.png

replicas' date=' post: 1694966 said:
Been emptying the TAF down at the station Alan ?

& Flinty. Downside is bumper bracket sheared off on FS so I'm gonna pop in & replace that before I drive down to Nottingham today.

View attachment 1135

Always.

Alan.

TAF and Flinty..... are you talking Newcastle Alan? Played that TAF many a time if so, so that's my donation to charidee sorted:) Is that your No fear in Alvino's and Scared Stiff in Brew Dog?

Back
Top Bottom