What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping out a playfield

Julian

Site Supporter
So my next project pin is the Bride of PinBot.

I guess I will need a playfield rotisserie, any suggestion on where to get one? I have see they can be built I'd rather not do this if one can be purchased, failing that I will just have to build one.

My question is where does one start? I looked under the playfield and thankfully BoP does not have that much going on 'down-there' does one unscrew everything but leave it in place to finally slide old playfield out and slide new one in then re-fix everything?

It goes without saying I will be taking loads and loads of photos.

Or do you de-solder all components? labeling up every wire.

Is there 2 or 3 wiring looms that are just cable-tied together? i.e. high voltage, GI and controlled bulbs.

Any and all help greatly recieved.

Julian

So I guess 1st thing is to snip the cable ties to separate the looms?

I desoldered all the major items first. Then I disconnected the GI strings.

Finally I got a large sheet of ply and slid the entire wiring loom across to it before refixing the mounting posts to the ply. It means that the rough shape of the layout is maintained and will (hopefully) make it easier when I have to put everything back.

About a billion photos also will help.

Back
Top Bottom