What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap flipper type (DE/Sega/Stern/Gott etc for BWS) - pls ignore

cooldan

i like pizza
Hey guys. I've had a few games now and generally like BWS flippers best though I can't define exactly why. Maybe it's because the other types all have associated problems like buzz and hum or clunky or go up too far.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_27_fea1f1d17f88e8898eeb7ce3852f0502.jpg

My knowledge is limited : BWS flippers have 3 lugs on the coil, so they have a two-stage action (for hold I think) but still just the same single power source, right? And some games use the EOS switch just to enable some means of preventing held flippers being bashed down by a fast ball coming down, yes? What is the main reason for an EOS switch in games from the 90s, is that mainly it, or is it to stop the coil overheating?

Can the flipper plates be swapped in or do new holes need to be drilled? I know that the flipper bushing (white plastic tube thing) is a different shape and length on some manufacturers games, is that important? So this thread is for opinions on whether I should - or even can - change the flippers on my Sega SJ. The buzzing noise is too annoying.

edit: ignore me, i was just not using my brain. while some physical parts may be interchangeable, i realise now that you can't substitute a flip-and-hold 3-lug BWS coil for a pulse-pulse-pulse 2-lug DE/Sega one, the signal from the pinball's brain is all different. it was just a thought. i improved the buzzing with some better end stops and some spring adjustment. nearly got this SJ all dialled in now, just need to make apron cards, update ROMs and see if i can tweak the magnet somehow.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_27_b64be4458e6bf2aa744db108ba233937.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom