What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Such A Wide Boy..1980 Bally Space Invaders

Rubbers and posts sorted. Currently painted the black frame surround.
The overlay get mixed opinions on quality. And it true it does bubble even though it went down smooth.
I think the PF was a good investment in this situation.

Looked every where or a ball eject strike plate as the existing one is worn.

Came across a pinball shop in Germany (Freddys Pinball) that had one and also a new shiny plunger to shoot the pinballs so order placed.

I need to start thinking on the cabinet. I've match the grey to a close RAL number so will paint inside the cab too.

Attachments

• 20200423_135910.jpg
    20200423_135910.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 44
the lost world I have has a fireball main cabinet,I got it from an retired op in devon,when I asked why the game was in a different cab,he said some one had carved obscene graffiti,including "c**t" very deeply into the woodwork of the original cab and he couldn't site it anywhere,the only spare main cabinet he had was from a fireball as someone had smashed the backglass during a pub fight,and it was better to site a machine to take some money,rather than have 2 for the scrapheap

the lost world I have has a fireball main cabinet,I got it from an retired op in devon,when I asked why the game was in a different cab,he said some one had carved obscene graffiti,including "c**t" very deeply into the woodwork of the original cab and he couldn't site it anywhere,the only spare main cabinet he had was from a fireball as someone had smashed the backglass during a pub fight,and it was better to site a machine to take some money,rather than have 2 for the scrapheap
The good old days of Special Brew being 90p a bottle!

Ps bank holiday has moved this year to Friday due to 75 years celebration if VE day Just checking you know so you are not accidentally off work Monday
Yep. Might take a day off and really do a long weekend! Just incase my Comets arrive from the US!

Some progress. Rectifier board replaced which
but F3 kept blowing. Solenoid board was cold so did a great swap deal with @paddythegreek
Dropped it in and F3 still not happy so unplugged all the boards and tried one at a time.
I had a spare sound board so swapped it over and hey presto mpu up and flashing. Aux lamp board. All good. Main lamp board and fuse went again. Unplugged all the displays and lamp driver good.
I'm swapping out the displays with LED ones so hopefully F3 will be stable.
My Comet LEDs I ordered at the start of April have I think reached the UK. I need to get some from Phil for the backbox and I am only a short time away from putting the table in now.

Attachments

• IMG-20200522-WA0019.jpeg
    IMG-20200522-WA0019.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20200522-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20200522-WA0009.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20200516-WA0020.jpeg
    IMG-20200516-WA0020.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20200515-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20200515-WA0004.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 24
We have lights! Though a shed load of sockets need changing out due to age.
I have an anti flicker kit coming from Ministry of Pinball.

As you can see I have added 2 spot lights to the GI.

Just sockets and displays to come back and we are nearly there i think.

Attachments

• 20200528_171828.jpg
    20200528_171828.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200528_171848.jpg
    20200528_171848.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 45
Changed out 18 lamp sockets and 98% good. Got 3 that won't flash at the moment. I've got a LED anti flicker coming for the lamp drivers so that might help before I start tapping back.
Time to pull back the film I guess.

Attachments

• 20200606_171542.jpg
    20200606_171542.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
Interesting head stratch today. Started the tests. A few switches closed but went through them all.

Credit display shows 15 credits. After all the tests I started a game but the Credit button would not start the game so back in test mode and no warning sound or display error when closing the credit button switch.
I have power to the coin door as the coin door coil has a buzz and the coin lamp is lit.

This came with MUTHA MPU and can't find any info on that board.

check your diode on the start button,sometimes as they are factory fitted with long legs still attached they can bend and short to the frame,I had a similar issue with my lost world and thats what the problem was for me,also I would unplug and reconnect the main door connector as ive had that causing weird issues in the past as well

check your diode on the start button,sometimes as they are factory fitted with long legs still attached they can bend and short to the frame,I had a similar issue with my lost world and thats what the problem was for me,also I would unplug and reconnect the main door connector as ive had that causing weird issues in the past as well
Thanks Steve. The Diode is next to check.

I cleaned the door plug also but might check again today.

I have some controlled lamps out on the PF and the left side of the invader on the back box did flash but now don't so trouble shooting day ahead.
The sound on start up is lovely and clear.

Don’t waste your time on that old machine just sell it to me😁
Still can’t get over how good this looks😍

Changed out the diode and got a game! Flippers need attention next. Thank you for the pointer.

Back
Top Bottom