What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub-miniature Switches the same?

Andy B

Site Supporter
Got 2 switches not working in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle machine I am working on (well they are working, they just have no actuators to trigger them and the lugs that the actuators should be connected to have broken off - they're both for gates).

They have different part numbers in the manual (180-5090-00 and 500-5382-00). Pinball Mania has replacement for 180-5090-00 but not 500-5382-00. In fact, I can find 500-5382-00 nowhere so I am wondering if that part number was for the full ramp gate assembly including the switch.

Anyways, my question is are sub-miniature switches in games the same, albeit with different shaped actuators and that's why they have different part numbers?

I took a photo of the two switches side by side and they look the same but my eyesight is that bad I can't read the writing on them! It looks like one has 0.1A on it whereas the other one has 10(2)A on it but I have no idea what the numbers mean and there are no tech specs on the switches in the manual.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
Coincidentally, was tinkering with microswitches in my DE Hook yesterday which has the same large and small type. I think you're right re. the part numbers and the switches themselves are standard NO/NC. Just a case of them mechanically fitting with a suitable actuator.

Coincidentally, was tinkering with microswitches in my DE Hook yesterday which has the same large and small type. I think you're right re. the part numbers and the switches themselves are standard NO/NC. Just a case of them mechanically fitting with a suitable actuator.
Nice one. Will get one ordered from Pinball Mania.

Back
Top Bottom