What's new

Wanted Sttng

Hello, I have one that I may be moving on. How soon are you thinking though? I need to sort a few things out on it first to get it fully working and I plan on using it for a one day tourney at mine in October, so looking at November time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wants to put you off a STTNG as a starter machine as it's complicated but it was my second machine and yes it can be fiddly but good to learn on and a fantastic game to play.

Never owned one but it is apparently a relatively high maintenance machine. The guys on here will provide plenty of advice and support though [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh I've played the one in tilt

I know it can be a higher maintenance machine ,
But was after something with a bit of longevity within my price range,

Do a search on this forum for STTNG - there was someone selling one back in May - looked a nice one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

STTNG is a underrated machine on this forum. I recently managed to get hold of one thinking I probably wouldn't like it and even with the cannons not working which the machine bypasses. I can tell its going to be one of my favourites. Just waiting for the replacement coils to arrive.

Hi STTNG is no more higher maintenance than any other machine in my opinion, yes it has its foibles as do all machines , the tieback wire for the divertor coils is a crappy design as @Kenny Taylor has just found out but a diodes on each coil would have prevented them from frying.and adding an extra wire as a failsafe on the tieback is beneficial.
The only other weakness is the cannon looms years of constant movement can fracture the wires also opto problems can crop up but all games from this era suffer too.
It currently sits at number 14 in the pinside top 100 and has always sat in the top 20 or top 10 as far as I can remember. I've had mine for about 8 years and it will probably be the next one to move on still enjoy it though.

Hi STTNG is no more higher maintenance than any other machine in my opinion, yes it has its foibles as do all machines , the tieback wire for the divertor coils is a crappy design as @Kenny Taylor has just found out but a diodes on each coil would have prevented them from frying.and adding an extra wire as a failsafe on the tieback is beneficial.
The only other weakness is the cannon looms years of constant movement can fracture the wires also opto problems can crop up but all games from this era suffer too.
It currently sits at number 14 in the pinside top 100 and has always sat in the top 20 or top 10 as far as I can remember. I've had mine for about 8 years and it will probably be the next one to move on still enjoy it though.
Agree with this, choosing a machine based on a perception of the difficulty of maintenance would be daft imo. Any machine can go wrong any time, and there are plenty of people on here to help fix any issues if they do occur. I had an sttng before and it was fine. If you like it buy it.

image.jpeg
Here's a pic of under the playfield..

Side by side on left outlane
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160827_107f07e5ab919ec3774bb8bd4bb82594.jpg

Right hand side outlane
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160827_108538b503e4a765ca79e881b09555d6.jpg

It makes a huge difference on the % of drains, ST:TNG is particularly brutal

I've mentioned this before but worth repeating. On the RHS if you remove the top right slingshot post and put a 3.5" rubber on you remove the post that pushes a ball to the Outlane and create a funnel into the inlane.

Hey Andy, cheers for the tip - I'm stripping down the playfield for a clean- could you point me towards where I could get said rubbers?

Back
Top Bottom