What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STTNG Trough Kick-out issue

MartinY

Registered
All

I'm having a new issue with my STTNG - occasionally the ball isn't kicking out from the trough when required. Fine on startup, just after a while of playing. When testing in coil test coil isn't working. Note: this is not all the time, and not when I first startup.

So I'm guessing after something heats up for a while. Anything I should be looking at in particular? Doesn't feel like a loose wire, but I will re-solder to confirm. Doesn't feel like a trough opto issue as it isn't working in coil test (testing when it is playing up). Could it be the coil? Or something on the power board?

Cheers

Martun

Did you have the coin door closed when in test Martin
Easiest way to test is do it with a multi metre and measure the voltage at the voltage in side big wire 70v and again at the other side should be the same or similar if it’s different I suspect wire on the coil where it goes in to the main winding

Door open but buttons pressed. Other coils firing. I suspected the wire but wasn't sure if it might be the coil at all (I know it's normally not...).

I'll re-solder and test. Thanks Chris.

Thanks @CHRIS B PINBALLS - wire was suspect - re-soldered and now OK. I do now have a switch 57 issue (top drop target). Target seems fine but the switch is hanging down underneath the playfield. Any idea where it goes? I'll attach a pic...

Pics here. Can't see anywhere obvious and manual isn't helping
fccadc3f3081a7171108cba422edc8ef.jpg
e6c2bc4d88233dff8221b81e59676b2f.jpg

That would be awesome - I've just whacked a post up about that. I'd really appreciate Chris as I'd like it in the tournament this Sunday. If you could find it and let me know I'll transfer the cash over.

My saviour!

Back
Top Bottom