What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sttng spinner repair

sclose

Registered
Hi all,

I've been looking for a replacement spinner and rod for my sttng for a few months now but with no luck. I'm now looking at trying to repair it. I'm really not sure if it's even possible but if someone has any experience in this type of thing then advice would be musch appreciated. Pictures attached. Here's hoping!

Attachments

• spinner1.jpg
    spinner1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
  • spinner2.jpg
    spinner2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
Massive dollop of solder :) - I don't think the metal will "take" but it'll cover it and hold - until you can find an alternative.

Solder worked a treat! Thanks. Now back to the original problem of the spinner sitting at an angle and knocking all the momentum out the orbit shots :tut:

A spinning target* is weighted by the central part of its sandwich construction (there's more mass in the lower section, due to the path of the wire rod). I'd be wary now of adjusting the target horizontally wrt the rod(s), i.e. pushing the target itself against the rods as necessary to get the weight directly in-line with the wire when the target is vertical/90 deg. to the playfield. This usually helped in similar situations. It may not be 'right', but careful lubrication of the rods in the bracket also helps, with a micro-switch involved the target noticeably spins better too

* a metal one, that is. Gottlieb's wide plastic spinner is a different matter

Back
Top Bottom