What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sttng backbox reconnected faults

Jagspete

Registered
Alias
Aka Pete
So sold my sttng and buyer needed to remove backbox to get upstairs, it’s his first pin and I did advise it was a risky venture. He’s getting a load of ground faults and want to be able to point him to the right board? I helped him with the disconnection (Marked the connectors as well)and he took loads of photos and was confident about reconnection although I explained there would no doubt be problems! I’m going to send him a link to this.

Attachments

• 615511F9-19F2-4E1C-AA82-765DDA5E691D.png
    615511F9-19F2-4E1C-AA82-765DDA5E691D.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DA0D65C3-2B76-41F1-923A-6A05D560C07D.png
    DA0D65C3-2B76-41F1-923A-6A05D560C07D.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 31
  • BE105F5D-29CA-4972-9314-7B1E98332E8A.png
    BE105F5D-29CA-4972-9314-7B1E98332E8A.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 28
Traced to ribbon cable , connected wrong way round at one end, however now flippers and ball launch have no power, so sent him to check fuses with help from manual.

It's been a long time but I am sure you don't need to take any ribbon cables off to take the head off .
As with any disconnection of any connectors ,check and check again it's so easy to get it wrong !

I had to do the same with mine to get it down a flight of stairs.

I just paid Martin from Go Pinball to plug everything back in and it was done in 10 mins.

I certainly don't remember disconnecting any ribbons though.

A couple of ribbons needed to be disconnected to free up the loom to thread it out( plus dmd ribbon) He’s found fuse F112 solenoid Secondary 7a blown, ordered replacement, hoping just down to that turned ribbon cable.... he’s down near Oxford

I had to do the same with mine to get it down a flight of stairs.

I just paid Martin from Go Pinball to plug everything back in and it was done in 10 mins.

I certainly don't remember disconnecting any ribbons though.

You lazy git, I found that part of the fun - turning it in for the 1st time knowing I could potentially make something go BANG (didn’t happen luckily)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lazy git, I found that part of the fun - turning it in for the 1st time knowing I could potentially make something go BANG (didn’t happen luckily)

I'd probably fancy my chances of learning the nuances of quantum physics faster.

I'd probably fancy my chances of learning the nuances of quantum physics faster.

Back
Top Bottom