What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stripping pain off coin door

JT.

Site Supporter
Si from the group kindly sent me a spare coin door he had, to replace the security thing on my FT. It needs a bit of work, including a respray (some paint has chipped away, and there is a bit of rust to sort out). I have the paint that I want to use on it (Rust-Oleum black hammered finish) but want to remove all the existing paint before respraying. Has anyone has had experience of removing the paint from a coin door, and the most effective technique? Would something like Nitromors do a decent job?

I wouldn't bother removing it all because you need something for the paint to key onto. I normally wire wool or sandpaper the whole thing and then use a bit of Krust rust treatment where needed. Then I just spray with Hammerite hammered concentrating on building up those bare areas. Not perfect but saves you a ton of effort. Not sure Nitromors would remove powder coat either.

Back
Top Bottom