What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things

Yep will be watching this too. Epic.

Anyone else like the ' pinball' machine in black mirror striking vipers episode?

Oh man..... the opening 10 minutes is visually stunning. Just beautiful to look at and instantly a captivating story from the off... you are already invested in the characters so that goes a long way. My issue with this and others of it's kind (American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and to a lesser extent GoT) is the squishy, laboured and sometimes boring middle of the season slump.

Season 1 was absolutely superb (and I'm sure brought back a lot of chldhood memories for most of us around here)

I was a little underwhelmed with season 2 to be honest. I hope season 3 is back on form :)

On episode 4 its a little slow going... but its picking up now :D Really great story telling and your invested in the characters by now

@James can't really have a mid season slump when the season is 8/9 episodes long

Disagree entirely @Tilt_Birmingham - 11's coming of age episode in S2 which ultimately went nowhere, the pacing was completely off beat, the story didn't move on at all and for me, it was filler. The same happened in AHS S1 (House) S2 (Asylum) and S3 (Coven) with arcs that IMHO go nowhere. Maybe our definition of slumps are different, but I like to see episodes beat to a drum of progressing the overall arch. I prefer a beat to always steadily increase - when the pace drops dramatically, I don't personally like it.

Remember the fly episode in Breaking Bad?

Disagree entirely @Tilt_Birmingham - 11's coming of age episode in S2 which ultimately went nowhere, the pacing was completely off beat, the story didn't move on at all and for me, it was filler. The same happened in AHS S1 (House) S2 (Asylum) and S3 (Coven) with arcs that IMHO go nowhere. Maybe our definition of slumps are different, but I like to see episodes beat to a drum of progressing the overall arch. I prefer a beat to always steadily increase - when the pace drops dramatically, I don't personally like it.

Remember the fly episode in Breaking Bad?
I thought season one and maybe two of The Expanse did that beat thing quite nicely. I watched the entire season 1 in 2 days, which for me is totally unheard of to dedicate that much time to TV (bit of busman’s holiday) and rarely happens. Helps if you like a bit of SciFi.

Got bored of Stranger Things midway through season 2, after watching 1 episode every fortnight ish. Liked the style, less so the substance.

I thought season one and maybe two of The Expanse did that beat thing quite nicely. I watched the entire season 1 in 2 days, which for me is totally unheard of to dedicate that much time to TV (bit of busman’s holiday) and rarely happens. Helps if you like a bit of SciFi.
Got bored of Stranger Things midway through season 2, after watching 1 episode every fortnight ish. Liked the style, less so the substance.

Almost the exact same experience of watching S1 and S2 as I did. Like many shows, it felt as though they never expected to get past the first season, so the ideas were just a rehash.

Stranger Things is an amazing nostalgia trip for someone who spent much of their 80s teenage life in arcades and much of what was left over listening to Tangerine Dream. Shame I was never into D & D.

Sadly I'm only two episodes into the third series, but I can already tell it is vast improvement from the second series, which was a bit of a let down in my opinion.

Well after seeing some of the Stern team costumes for Halloween as the cast for Stranger Things.....who knows if it’s on the cards.
I watched all series, it started well then went down hill rapidly when the Russians got involved....
It could have been great but the Director and Script writer ran out of ideas and it showed.
Not sure if it would be a great theme for a pin.

Yeah gotta say I loved it, the highlight being Steve's scoops ahoy uniform.

steve-harrington-600x315.jpg

I haven't seen Season 3 yet but I think they've missed the hype window by a couple of years.
Have to disagree, season 3 broke Netflix streaming records in its first few days, season 4 is bound to be mega hyped up.

Back
Top Bottom