What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things UV Kit

At least everyone is clear now that stern are more interested in taking as much money from you than they can rather than launching the best game your money can buy.
A small increase in the intial cost would have been fine, but to say that you now have to spend more to get the most out of your already factory fitted game is pure greed and total disrespect to the people who buy their games. I wouldn’t buy a NIB stern out of pure principle. Time after time they are laughing behind your back.

Last edited:
Stern rushed out Stranger Things, the UV plastics and lighting/board weren't ready, they saw the orders flood in as usual even with one of the most lacklustre feature lists to date, so there was no need to hold back the release of Stranger Things.

Simply just hold back the UV feature and sell it to all these new owners down the road. And from all the posts on pinside it looks like a success, for everyone 1 person saying they won’t order it 10 say they will.

The more people buy it, the more games are gonna launch incomplete.
If you have a stranger things, your gonna have to have this as it’s part of the game and coded in which makes it even more sour.

I am in 100% agreement, that if you have Stranger Things, then you HAVE to buy this. It looks really cool.

My point was that it should have shipped with it included.

So I have an LE on order bought and paid for, it’s based on the features for that game.

Last night Stern said hey you actually got another feature you can use it anyway you want but we have a kit that you can buy if you want - or you can use crapstadiums or whatever other junk you can cobble together or don’t do anything.

Another way of looking at it is if stern offered a sound upgrade for their games that was £300 would you take it? I would. And the sound is already there!

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another way of looking at it is if stern offered a sound upgrade for their games that was £300 would you take it? I would. And the sound is already there!

Shh.. dont give them ideas.... "Here's the pinball.. now you have to pay £300 for the sounds"....

Stern dipping their toe in the water perhaps.
Gone as far as they can with LE......now lets go some more..... but it is a choice for the consumer I guess.
They aren't stupid, they are targeting people they know have the dollars to drop.

Not sure you can say that as the game play, ball and flipper is identical.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to be all going ape on Pinside.... that's for sure ..... UV-Gate :)
It always does but they keep buy, buy, buying! With comments like "it does suck and no joke it rubs me the wrong way but I bought one anyways" why would Stern change the way they do business? It looks like a great feature but should have been included all along, especially on the LE models.

Last edited:
The doctor?! Go read more of his posts - he is a loon.

I believe it has to go thru a PCB linked to a node board so the computer turns them on and off within game code.

Find it hard to imagine that the playfield has been printed with UV ink!

No reason why UV lights wont work on any game with some code modding if that is the case.

If you like the look of these - buy them.
If you do not like them - do not buy then.

Profit is a dirty word these days, Who cares if they want to make $200 easy profit. Have any of you guys bought a car and got charged for upgrades? It is exactly the same as that.

This is a case of Ferengi rule of acquisition number 202!

Someone’s reminded me that actually the company that first did this was JJP but those ****ers sold mugs new light boards to replace the ones they ****ed up! And they originally charged you for a new playfield when they had cocked up the original!

Neil.

Someone’s reminded me that actually the company that first did this was JJP but those ****ers sold mugs new light boards to replace the ones they ****ed up! And they originally charged you for a new playfield when they had cocked up the original!

Neil.
That will be the unwritten rule then - make one up!

The control for the lightw Ian Inc the node board you just need the board for power.

The control for the lightw Ian Inc the node board you just need the board for power.

The second that was revealed 3rd party UV kits where instantly being made, actually surprised Stern didn’t put the code/board in the kit itself, maybe that backs up the theory it was originally a built in feature but held back due to parts/time of Stranger Things release being brought forward!?

Is it not the case they want more buyers to visit the Stern website and buy more aftermarket stuff for your pin. Think they will do this more often. Does the LE come with a topper?

Is it not the case they want more buyers to visit the Stern website and buy more aftermarket stuff for your pin. Think they will do this more often. Does the LE come with a topper?
No, I don't think any Stern LE came with a topper.

The second that was revealed 3rd party UV kits where instantly being made, actually surprised Stern didn’t put the code/board in the kit itself, maybe that backs up the theory it was originally a built in feature but held back due to parts/time of Stranger Things release being brought forward!?

even if it hadn't there was ways to have made it work with the other lights on the playfield.

Back
Top Bottom