What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things UV Kit

I get the logic that you paid for what you were told you were getting at the time, and got it. I’d still be cheesed off if I were an LE owner though. Each to their own though I suppose.

F*** Stern... You wouldn't of seen Gottlieb ripping people off like they do 😝
Didn’t gottleib go bust ? Let’s face it stern are the largest most successful pinball company in the world
Just good business if you ask me and who really cares about £200 for a cool extra when your spending over £10k on a limited edition pin
Car dealers have been doing this for years in fact most toys on cars are extras these days even on the top end models

I love it. That probably should have been included on the LE though surely!

Agreed about loving it, it actually looks really cool! I was wondering how they were going to tie the Upsidedown World in and this does it well.

So
They do it’s called the Premium and LE models!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So going forward should we now expect features built in to the machine to be unlocked with a further purchase? Genuinely interested to see if this is a model that will continue (are stern testing the water?) or if it’s a one off for some reason.

Mods are normally an ‘add-on’, whereas this is built in from the factory.

Do you lot not go to bed?

Someone will come up with a cheaper alternative. I bet pinstadium are working on it right now.

If it was part of the original spec of the game people would have pretty much said , yeah thats nice. next...
But leaving it till now and releasing it as a mod makes everyone say its a must have item.

They do it’s called the Premium and LE models!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This would then be the add on add on model. Hmm Stern STGS Platinum (where have we seen this).

Once again Neil, you appear unable to understand why this is wrong. To those that bought a STGS prem or LE, I feel sorry for you. Paying all that extra for basically a projector and then having to find yet more for this...

Surely it would have made even better business sense if the LEs had been released with the UV kit, and then the UV lamps unlocked/revealed later.

It also would have had all of the LE owners posting videos of it, as well as encourage larger LE sales on future releases - just in case there was something hidden.

Prem and Pro owners could then have the option to buy for $279.

No outrage and pitchforks from 90% of the community, more people wanting to buy the add on, rather than seeing Stern as money grabbing w*nkers. Win win.
Instead It comes across as a straight money grab ripping off the people who are prepared to pay the most money for a game.

I wonder how much of this is a cultural thing. Over here it seems like this is a bit underhand and cnuty, but in America maybe it's just considered both by Stern and by punters as smart marketing and good business sense.

As Joe Strummer once said: "Who knows what goes on in those guys' heads. Whacko, right?"

That's what we're talking about ! Love it - that's the cool theme integration you want to see :clap::clap: Honestly that has so much more WOW factor for me than the projector. That is a genuinely great touch - and was the sort of thing I was hoping for.

giphy (6).gif

Now of course it is utter bobbins that it wasn't standard - across *all* models ... at least now the Pro owners gets some cool stuff (even if it is at a cost :rolleyes:) ....it was looking a little forlorn minus the magnets and the projector bling.

I have to say, i was scrolling through this page drinking my coffee and eating my toast.....
My eyes caught a glimpse of the art package on that Stranger Things Pro cabinet + Trans-lite.
I vomited and spew came out of my nose...........

If it was part of the original spec of the game people would have pretty much said , yeah thats nice. next...
But leaving it till now and releasing it as a mod makes everyone say its a must have item.
I dunno.. the playfield has UV ink all over it, and if you buy their kit it interacts with the game in the same way as, say, the Tron LE ramps do. I'd say that's a bit more than just a topper or shaker or whatever, it's an integral gameplay feature. It actually really suits the theme too.

If you don't buy this kit, or an equivalent, to show the UV art then you will have something on your playfield that is essentially there but not shown off.

I personally feel that if Stern had mentioned up front in their features matrix that the playfield had UV ink, and then released this interactive apron as a kit afterwards it wouldn't be such an issue. As it is, this feels like they held this back from what the LE would (should?) have been. It would've cost more for them to add UV ink to the playfield, and it seems very strange to me that they would do it without mentioning it at all as a feature unless they had planned to do this all along.

I think if you were in on a Pro then it's a net positive, since you would never have got it anyway. Maybe a Prem too. If I'd bought an LE though and found out about this, I'd feel as if my Tron LE came with fibre optic tubes but without the LED modules to make them light up, as in - I just got scammed for extra money on my already the most expensive version pin.

If they didn't already have the pro, prem and le models, this wouldn't be an issue.

You have one model and then pay for upgrades. Just like Spooky are doing.

Back
Top Bottom